Light weight disc huds

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DocTP1885

by DocTP1885

Here's what ZTR Rims look like. Their plain looking, but oh so nice.

AC is making rims? 350gr? Wow, sounds like a collaboration between the two. Wonder how much they cost.
Attachments
Custom_Wheels_Rear.jpg
Custom_Wheels_Rear.jpg

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

You can't buy the AC rims seperate. Only as a built wheel by AC. You get the AC disc or non disc hubs and the choice between standard DT comp spokes or an upcharge of $60 per wheel for Sapim CX-Ray spokes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DocTP1885

by DocTP1885

Interesting. Guess, it all comes down to preferences on the bike components. I had to do a lot of researching on the ZTR355 rims, but hardly found anything on it. Any Idea where to go for the latest and greatest technology research. I've been to MTBR.com, but they seem to be way behind on component reviews. Going directly to notubes.com is a little help, but you know how it is. They always claim their stuff is the lightest, strongest, etc...

Is there a review section on WW for components and bikes?

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

No review section here on WW. Best bet is to do a seach of the forum. But I think you might be the first on this forum to try out the Stans rims.

The AC's I happened to see at my LBS and they looked sweet. Bummer you can't get the rims seperate.

Tippster

by Tippster

I'm thinking of Stan's rims on my next wheel set.

I use my bike for both road and XC.

Given that Stan's rims are wider than say Mavic 517's, can you still fit a 26 x 1" Conti Grand Prix tyre to one of Stan's rims?