Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:32 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rotor Crank , anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:14 pm
Posts: 225
Location: Singapore
Image


Have anyone tried this weird crank before? and surprisely, its UCI legal. :P

www.rotorcranksusa.com

_________________
Crashman like crashing, feel the rythem and ride.


Last edited by Stylomilo on Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Rotor Crank , anyone?
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:16 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:49 am
Posts: 1903
CyclingNews test

_________________
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:08 am
Posts: 5
Location: San Diego
Stylomilo wrote:
Image


Have anyone tried this weird crank before? and surprisely, its UCI legal. :P

www.rotorcranksusa.com


Yes, I have been racing on Rotor Cranks for 8 months now, dropped 1 minute off my 20k time trial PR - very big improvement. You amy also know me as SCC, they guy with the yellow cannondale CAAD4 that is in the WW MTB gallery.

Anyway, these cranks are definately UCI legal and really do work, they are kind of "underground" right now - Rotor does zero advertising and is taking the grassroots approach.

- Gary


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:18 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Colorado
Gary. I am interested in your reply. Do you run them on all your bikes or just your TT and if not how is the transition from one bike to the next. That is my biggest concern. I would love to train on them and flat TT on them, but am worried swapping to regular on my MTB's would affect me

What say you oh user!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:08 am
Posts: 5
Location: San Diego
When I first started out I used them only on my TT bike 1 day per week, it worked out fine, 30 seconds to get the feel for normal cranks when switching back from the Rotors, now I am doing so much better I got another set for my road bike for racing and training. I believe that they are easily adaptable for the rider with multiple bikes. I wrote a review last year at www.timetrial.org/rotorcranks.htm

A great place for info on the Rotors is www.rotorcranksusa.com


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:30 pm
Posts: 10
Gary - Can rotor cranks be used for roadrace ? - can you do a sprint on them ?? - would be nice to have them for a breakaway but can they "function" in this kind of race and could you benefit anything ?
Let me know your opinion
Thank's


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:17 am
Posts: 596
if the rotor cranks were from shimano, everyone would be using them.

It´s one of the most important advances made on cycling history...

_________________
Happy trails !!!!!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:43 pm
Posts: 644
MaLóL wrote:
if the rotor cranks were from shimano, everyone would be using them.

It´s one of the most important advances made on cycling history...



i think biopace was said to be the same thing :smartass:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:06 pm
Posts: 10
Hi,
I am a rotor user, in fact I have three rotors in my road, xc and enduro/alluse bikes.
I am a enthusiantisc of this system due to I have problems in my knees and I avoid with rotor user.
I has some problems, 300gr more than XTR or Race face Next LP sets, it requires periodical maintenance(2 minutes per month).
The home page is www.rotorbike.com, it is a spanish design.
Regards

_________________
It's more importatnt how to arrive that arrive.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:45 pm
Posts: 558
Location: Anchorage, AK
Does anyone remember powercam cranks from the mid '80s? Same thing, same claims.

Funny how old ideas keep getting invented again.


Top
   
 Post subject: Power cranks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:06 pm
Posts: 10
Nothing to be with the old powercranks.
Rotor has a main advantage, there is not deadpoint in pedaling, so you have a more efficient pedaling and also is healthy. This is a real advantage.
Regards

_________________
It's more importatnt how to arrive that arrive.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:45 pm
Posts: 558
Location: Anchorage, AK
OK, not *exactly* the same, but pretty darn close.

from http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/PowrCam_main.htm

The POWERCAM device could be retrofitted to any standard bicycle (unlike BioCam) and used very large chain rings and a cam at the center of the cranks facing the bottom bracket cup. This gizmo theoretically allowed the effort to be reduced where the muscles were weakest and to alternately be increased where the muscles were strongest.. not altogether unlike the purpose of the infamous Shimano Bio Pace chainrings!

From a 1986 advertisement:
"Our unique can design reduces fatigue and improves leg development without overloading your knees and ankles. The POWERCAM is excellent for training, recreational riding, touring, commuting, time trials, triathlons and distance racing. Judge for yourself at your local dealer. (Also available on our chrome-moly 14-speed Custom bicycle.)"


Attachments:
PowrCa1L.jpg
PowrCa1L.jpg [ 11.05 KiB | Viewed 1452 times ]
PowrCm2L.jpg
PowrCm2L.jpg [ 14.1 KiB | Viewed 1193 times ]
Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:35 pm
Posts: 465
Location: The Netherlands
Gary Tingley wrote:
When I first started out I used them only on my TT bike 1 day per week, it worked out fine, 30 seconds to get the feel for normal cranks when switching back from the Rotors, now I am doing so much better I got another set for my road bike for racing and training. I believe that they are easily adaptable for the rider with multiple bikes. I wrote a review last year at www.timetrial.org/rotorcranks.htm

A great place for info on the Rotors is www.rotorcranksusa.com


Hi Gary, I read your review about your first 4weeks with the rotarcranks. You wrote
Quote:
Converting the speed gains to a 40 kilometer race, my time would equate to 118 seconds, or about 2 minutes faster for the 40k event. I believe that as I build my leg strength, I will be able to appreciate all the benefits that Rotor Cranks offer. To this point I have ridden the cranks approximately 220 miles. At my current progression rate, I should be able to finish building my leg strength and realize full potential of the cranks in the following weeks.


Do you still think that you can ride 2 minutes faster on a 40k event with rotorcranks after an certain adaption periode?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:08 am
Posts: 5
Location: San Diego
Paul_nl wrote:
Gary Tingley wrote:
When I first started out I used them only on my TT bike 1 day per week, it worked out fine, 30 seconds to get the feel for normal cranks when switching back from the Rotors, now I am doing so much better I got another set for my road bike for racing and training. I believe that they are easily adaptable for the rider with multiple bikes. I wrote a review last year at www.timetrial.org/rotorcranks.htm

A great place for info on the Rotors is www.rotorcranksusa.com


Hi Gary, I read your review about your first 4weeks with the rotarcranks. You wrote
Quote:
Converting the speed gains to a 40 kilometer race, my time would equate to 118 seconds, or about 2 minutes faster for the 40k event. I believe that as I build my leg strength, I will be able to appreciate all the benefits that Rotor Cranks offer. To this point I have ridden the cranks approximately 220 miles. At my current progression rate, I should be able to finish building my leg strength and realize full potential of the cranks in the following weeks.


Do you still think that you can ride 2 minutes faster on a 40k event with rotorcranks after an certain adaption periode?


Yes: http://www.timetrial.org/rotorcranks3.htm

Image


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:06 pm
Posts: 10
Powercam is very similar to Rotor but with some differences:
1-Rotor is easy to put in any bike, MTB o road
2-Price of rotor is high, but similar to any hig end product

3-Rotor has in the bikes of some triathlon worldchampions, in fact actual long distance wordl champions, men an woman, use rotor

Note: I Don't work for rotor

_________________
It's more importatnt how to arrive that arrive.


Top
   
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:20 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rotor 3d+ crank stiffness?

in Road

xntrickly

5

555

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:36 am

Marin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rotor 3D+ 172.5 53/39 + rotor pf4630 200 eur shipped

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

ultyguy

0

246

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 pm

ultyguy View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Oval Concepts 520 crank vs 5750 crank weights?

in Road

kkapdolee

0

778

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:18 pm

kkapdolee View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rotor 3D+ P2M

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

AZR3

0

345

Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:50 pm

AZR3 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. How about Rotor 2Inpower?

in Road

Kongbop

3

388

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:56 pm

mariovalentim View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gijs and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited