racing ralph psi?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

simoncx

by simoncx

Just wondering what psi is best for racing ralphs? I've done 3 rides on the new speedgrip 29x2.25's and the rear tire is great but for the front it's been crap, sudden washing out on anything loose or leaf covered. I've been running rocket rons, xkings and racekings without any problems but with these the front seems like it breaks loose on anything other then hard pack dirt or rock. So far I dropped them down to about 20psi front and 22-23 rear and I but the front seems like it doesn't grip as well as it should?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NS

by NS

Try running a Rocket Ron on the front :thumbup:

simoncx

by simoncx

I just ordered a ron, I used them before and they were fine but I figured I'd try a ralph for the front which was a mistake.

stoney

by stoney

I like Nobby Nic front with the Racing Ralph rear. You have tons of cornering grip with the Nobby Nic and it rolls well too.

beeds

by beeds

I run a 29 x 2.25 rocket ron on the front & its the best tyre ive had ( on my hard tail 29er ) back i run a racing ralph & its good - building a new carbon HT 29er & a Ron is def going on the front ( unsure about the rear ? Ron or Ralph ) thinking of putting a Ron upfront on my enduro 650b for speed its that good .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simoncx

by simoncx

Tire came in and I got a chance to do a quick ride today, so much better. I really like the ralph as a rear tire but hate it on the front.