Xtr Di2 /Dura-Ace SW-R9150 shift switch

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

motorapido

by motorapido

Well i've got a gripshifter and stripped it down and it looks like it should be easy to install some switches and the Di2 electronics module from an Alfine unit i have, just trying to work out the best way of getting the haptics sorted with nice click when you shift. I think thats the bit that will take the time.

Gonna gut the LH shifter to operate my dropper post for a nice balanced looking setup.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Onandon wrote:Great. Thank you.
I guess it won’t matter that I’ll be using the xtr display rather than the junction box.
Keep in mind that sc-m9051 has built in Bluetooth so you don’t need (or can’t use with it) other wireless units
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jaker

by Jaker

Here is my R600 implementation. It's not so much "under" the bar as easily reached while my index finger is on the brake lever. Shifter is secured to bar with thin 3M 2 sided tape and 2 black zip ties. It is perfectly secure. Was fine during a 5 1/2 hr race in which my Garmin logged 830 shifts as well as several shorter rides since.

1st image - index finger on brake lever:

Index finger on brake lever, downshift:

Index finger on brake lever, upshift:

Onandon

by Onandon

I did the same thing to mine but was never 100% happy with the location or the mushy click of the shifter.
It was always my intent to recreate an etap setup and not the satellite shifters are available, it looks to be a simple option.

Just waiting for mine to be delivered along with a oneup 45t xtr expander.

Onandon

by Onandon

Thread update time.

The one up 45tooth expander is awesome. A little heavier than expected at 85g for the big ring and 15g for the 18t , but it did replace a 17/19t combo nets out about 420grams for an 11-45 cassette.not the lightest but I don’t want to change to a XD driver so pretty good for a shimano fitting cassette with that range.

The satellite shifters DO work. And they work very very well.
The two satellites are 25g in total so a fair chunk less than an r600 or xtr trigger unit. They feel great with a nice positive click but I’m still playing with their final position on the bar.
Pics to follow one I have them nice and neat and in their final resting place.

Onandon

by Onandon

sorry. Double post

Onandon

by Onandon

Persimmon

by Persimmon

Jaker wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:10 pm
Here is my R600 implementation. It's not so much "under" the bar as easily reached while my index finger is on the brake lever. Shifter is secured to bar with thin 3M 2 sided tape and 2 black zip ties. It is perfectly secure. Was fine during a 5 1/2 hr race in which my Garmin logged 830 shifts as well as several shorter rides since.

Onandon wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:57 am
I did the same thing to mine but was never 100% happy with the location or the mushy click of the shifter.
It was always my intent to recreate an etap setup and not the satellite shifters are available, it looks to be a simple option.
sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm considering the R600 as a shifter in my XT Di2 setup.

as far as I can tell you both made the R600 work with the xtr or xt? do you know if the R600 supports syncro shifting? does holding each button down for longer make it multi-shift similar to the SW-8050?

Persimmon

by Persimmon

Just wanted to update for posterity- the R600 shift switch works with synchro shifting!