Crankset to hollowtech2 frame

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ja11

by ja11

I'm trying to find light crankset on a frame that have press-fit ht2 bottom bracket (now I have  Shimano BB71-41A-Set PressFit) . Of course there is xtr option but can I choose something else? Or is there bb option that I can use bb30/bf30 cranks?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

ja11 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 am
I'm trying to find light crankset on a frame that have press-fit ht2 bottom bracket (now I have  Shimano BB71-41A-Set PressFit) . Of course there is xtr option but can I choose something else? Or is there bb option that I can use bb30/bf30 cranks?
Sounds like a regular BB89.5/92, you can install SRAM (GXP), RaceFace, THM - whatever has enough spindle length and a compatible bottom bracket. The BB71 naming is confising indeed. I've been running a long spindle BB30 S2200 and RF Next SL, both with the same 30mm RF BB92 bottom bracket, but some people report that it's prone to premature death.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spookyload

by spookyload

Kogel bearings makes one that will work great. Ceramic bearings and it works for BB91, BB89 and BB86. I just installed one and it is perfect, like the other three I have from them. They make them for BB30 spindles, SRAM and Shimano. Best part is no adapters with theirs to creak.