Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3341
milesthedog wrote:
some quick thoughts: I didn't suggest using a dw-link rear end, I suggested using the Naild philosphy for the rear end.

A) Then why the *f##k* are you using a DW eccentric pivot bike as an example of why the Naild philosophy won't add weight?

B) In your first post (before you re-wrote it) you said that the Naild philosophy was the same as a DW link. You said that because the Naild rear works well, you wanted DW forks. You said you wanted it because they were both the same thing.

In summary - can I have some of what you're smoking? It seems fun :D


Top
   
Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:21 pm
Posts: 42
wingguy wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
some quick thoughts: I didn't suggest using a dw-link rear end, I suggested using the Naild philosphy for the rear end.

A) Then why the *f##k* are you using a DW eccentric pivot bike as an example of why the Naild philosophy won't add weight?

B) In your first post (before you re-wrote it) you said that the Naild philosophy was the same as a DW link. You said that because the Naild rear works well, you wanted DW forks. You said you wanted it because they were both the same thing.

In summary - can I have some of what you're smoking? It seems fun :D


An eccentric pivot on the linkage fork could potentially address weight and the wheel axel path. I definitely never presented or shared the non-sequitur logic in your point b).

Here, I'll talk a little slower and ask some questions, as that method of engagement is often best with people stuck on low-brow criticism based on poor reading comprehension:

a) Does the Naild system use longer travel while claiming to have the climbing abilities and low pedal feedback characteristics of lower travel bikes?
b) would that be desirable to apply to a 120mm bike?
c) why or why not?
e) Does the Naild philosophy consist of letting kinematics do the work rather than shock damping/rebound settings?
f) could that be advantageous to use on a front suspension fork paired with rear suspension utilizing that philosophy?
g) if trying to implement that philosophy in a front suspension fork, would a telescoping or linkage fork be best?
h) if attempting to create a linkage fork that avoid brake dive but also avoids the C-shaped wheel path, how would you best go about solving that problem?

_________________
-----------
https://www.strava.com/athletes/814829


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3341
milesthedog wrote:
wingguy wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
My original post was in response to the Naild R3act-2Play suspension which aims to allow suspension to be run more open and still have minimal pedal feedback and to have the performance associated with lesser suspension travel. I'd like to see that brought to XC-level mtb's...

One word - weight.


... with the hope that the use of Ripley-like eccentric pivots and the reduced damping/rebound controls on the front and rear suspension could bring the weight down

See the above exchange which clearly shows you saying that Ripley-like eccentric pivots, which you clarified were DW-link designs, would make a Naild rear end system lighter. You don't need to speak slowly to get your message across, you just need to stop directly contradicting yourself in every other post.

Quote:
It really does, actually. Sure Polygon is using a super raised rear stay and they are using a sliding shaft for rear-end stability (but which has no suspension but, according to the Pinkbike article does have axle path qualities), but the actual design is very, very similar to a DW rear end, looking at the photos close up.

and I don't believe I said I want a dw rear end as much as a dw inspired linkage front fork to be paired with a dw-link rear end.... or, sure, a 120mm NAILD R3ACT-2Play rear end if that incredibly forward pivot makes it ride better than a dw-link design.


And again here, right at the start of the thread, the Naild system made you want more DW-links on bikes because you said they were the same thing. The OP which you've deleted was even more clear on this point.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 am
Posts: 253
Location: Brisbane
Oh hey,
Linkage fork

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/structure ... -2017.html

Image

_________________
Chapter 2 Tere


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Shopping for front and rear lights

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Cycle Chat

eyedrop

36

2863

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:40 am

Vagabond View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Sportful BodyFit Pro Race vs Castelli Aero Race 5 sizing and fit

in Road

jlok

3

380

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 am

sanrensho View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Full suspension concept gravel

in Cyclocross / Gravel / Touring

wheelsONfire

3

465

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:52 pm

wheelsONfire View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cervelo C3 with 100mm suspension fork - Gravel for real!

in Cyclocross / Gravel / Touring

andreszucs

4

985

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:06 pm

andreszucs View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Lightest dual suspension Mountain Bike for Kids

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

carbonXScycles

1

473

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm

JScycle View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited