Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm 

milesthedog wrote:
some quick thoughts: I didn't suggest using a dw-link rear end, I suggested using the Naild philosphy for the rear end.

A) Then why the *f##k* are you using a DW eccentric pivot bike as an example of why the Naild philosophy won't add weight?

B) In your first post (before you re-wrote it) you said that the Naild philosophy was the same as a DW link. You said that because the Naild rear works well, you wanted DW forks. You said you wanted it because they were both the same thing.

In summary - can I have some of what you're smoking? It seems fun :D

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 pm 

wingguy wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
some quick thoughts: I didn't suggest using a dw-link rear end, I suggested using the Naild philosphy for the rear end.

A) Then why the *f##k* are you using a DW eccentric pivot bike as an example of why the Naild philosophy won't add weight?

B) In your first post (before you re-wrote it) you said that the Naild philosophy was the same as a DW link. You said that because the Naild rear works well, you wanted DW forks. You said you wanted it because they were both the same thing.

In summary - can I have some of what you're smoking? It seems fun :D

An eccentric pivot on the linkage fork could potentially address weight and the wheel axel path. I definitely never presented or shared the non-sequitur logic in your point b).

Here, I'll talk a little slower and ask some questions, as that method of engagement is often best with people stuck on low-brow criticism based on poor reading comprehension:

a) Does the Naild system use longer travel while claiming to have the climbing abilities and low pedal feedback characteristics of lower travel bikes?
b) would that be desirable to apply to a 120mm bike?
c) why or why not?
e) Does the Naild philosophy consist of letting kinematics do the work rather than shock damping/rebound settings?
f) could that be advantageous to use on a front suspension fork paired with rear suspension utilizing that philosophy?
g) if trying to implement that philosophy in a front suspension fork, would a telescoping or linkage fork be best?
h) if attempting to create a linkage fork that avoid brake dive but also avoids the C-shaped wheel path, how would you best go about solving that problem?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:27 am 

milesthedog wrote:
wingguy wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
My original post was in response to the Naild R3act-2Play suspension which aims to allow suspension to be run more open and still have minimal pedal feedback and to have the performance associated with lesser suspension travel. I'd like to see that brought to XC-level mtb's...

One word - weight.

... with the hope that the use of Ripley-like eccentric pivots and the reduced damping/rebound controls on the front and rear suspension could bring the weight down

See the above exchange which clearly shows you saying that Ripley-like eccentric pivots, which you clarified were DW-link designs, would make a Naild rear end system lighter. You don't need to speak slowly to get your message across, you just need to stop directly contradicting yourself in every other post.

Quote:
It really does, actually. Sure Polygon is using a super raised rear stay and they are using a sliding shaft for rear-end stability (but which has no suspension but, according to the Pinkbike article does have axle path qualities), but the actual design is very, very similar to a DW rear end, looking at the photos close up.

and I don't believe I said I want a dw rear end as much as a dw inspired linkage front fork to be paired with a dw-link rear end.... or, sure, a 120mm NAILD R3ACT-2Play rear end if that incredibly forward pivot makes it ride better than a dw-link design.

And again here, right at the start of the thread, the Naild system made you want more DW-links on bikes because you said they were the same thing. The OP which you've deleted was even more clear on this point.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:45 am 

Oh hey,
Linkage fork

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/structure ... -2017.html