Looking for 2017 Spark RC SL (X-large)

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Scott is out of them so if you've seen a 2017 Spark RC SL size XL for sale please point me to it.
Last edited by Lelandjt on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingguy

by wingguy

Lelandjt wrote:Scott is out of them so if you've seen a 2017 Spark RC size XL for sale please point me to it.

Which one?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

EDIT: Only the SL.
Last edited by Lelandjt on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gullholm

by Gullholm

You should be able to still get a frameset from R2-Bike, looks like delivery in April though (for the RC WC, May for RC SL).

scale29

by scale29

They haven't had many/any in yet. 1st drop of bikes have come and gone but frames aren't due to drop until April. I have an XL RC900 World Cup frameset on order and it's due in April.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

On the Scott website all 3 frames say HMX, making it look like color is the only difference among them. The Scott rep said the frameset is only available in the SL color. You guys have me questioning both of these points.

Edit: The SL frame is 100g lighter.
"Only reserved for SL models, the HMX-SL carbon technology, it uses nanotechnology with a reinforced epoxy resin carbon nanotube and MR70-carbon fibers."

Gullholm

by Gullholm

There are two frameset options:
- Spark RC World Cup, black/yellow, HMX full carbon frame, carbon link and Fox Performance suspension.
- Spark RC SL, black/orange, HMX-SL full carbon frame, carbon link and Fox Factory suspension.

For the complete bikes, the Spark RC Pro, World Cup and Ultimate share the same HMX frame but the Pro model comes with an alloy link instead of a carbon link for the rear supension. The Spark RC SL is the only one with the lighter and more expensive HMX-SL frame.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Okay, I contacted R2-bike cuz their checkout form didn't work with my address. I think I now have a frameset on order, just waiting for confirmation.

wingguy

by wingguy

Lelandjt wrote:On the Scott website all 3 frames say HMX, making it look like color is the only difference among them. The Scott rep said the frameset is only available in the SL color. You guys have me questioning both of these points.

Yeah, the SL frameset is HMX-SL so lighter. They do have the other colours showing on their B2B for framesets, but the only one showing any future availability (in the UK anyway) is the SL in may.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

R2-Bike just cancelled my order. They can't get an XL. Any other sources?

swtzr

by swtzr

Hi!

This store have one:

https://www.cykloteket.se/artikel/scott ... world-cup/

E-post: info@cykloteket.se
Telefon: (+46)08-5454 9390

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Sorry, I forgot to specify the SL is the frame I want.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

I just found out Scott didn't make any XL SLs and in the smaller sizes they made only a handful. It seems more like a vaporware bike produced to show off at the press release. Even Nino and Kabush are on the WC frame this year. I've got a Pro model on the way to me now that is the last XL in the US.