Alpha ceramic rotors

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ATMOS

by ATMOS

Thank you for testing them out (hope you are fine from testing).
I can safely keep my money for now.

stormur

by stormur

Be VERY carefull with this company.

I cancelled my order within 24h ( weekend ). On Monday got message "it has been already shipped", package arrived to my post with sending date 4 days after order cancellation. Didn't picked it, let Post return package to sender , and inform Alpha about it. Since then no refund, no replies for emails. Seems to be fraud. Case reported to Police and bank ( mandatory to recover ccard payment ).
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

So you paid for a product, they shipped it, let post office lose it and then are confused why they didn't give you your money back? Not rocket science here

stormur

by stormur

U get it wrong.
They shipped cancelled order 4 days after cancellation. So whatever they did after I cancelled order ( instead of refund ) they played on their cost.

Another thing is Post didn't lost it ; Post returned package to sender. They get it back.

I wonder only ( it's really a mystery for me ) how you could understand my post that.. lets name it VERY kind; specific way ???????
Mark Twain

mattr

by mattr

Lol. Those two discs up there look like the ones my mate CNCed out of a flat plate of 2mm about 20 years ago.

Well, after he'd tried to stop once or twice. Good job the ride we were on went from the meeting place to the woods via the end of his road. .........

TheRookie

by TheRookie

kulivontot wrote:So you paid for a product, they shipped it, let post office lose it and then are confused why they didn't give you your money back? Not rocket science here

Alternatively you could read his post properly.....
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

MichaelB

by MichaelB

All I can say is that I am glad I didn't order some when the price was reduced.

Whilst the Kettle rotors were not brillaunt, at least they stayed in one piece !!!

stormur

by stormur

Another thing is this company has no address !!! try to find their office... None. Niente. Nada. Just email . Even on order confirmation thre's no any :( .

Looks like HUGE scam 4me.
Mark Twain

bikerbooy

by bikerbooy

Meybe there are "materials" better or worster for disc rotors.

marecej

by marecej

Unno Horn = 8100g
Ellsworth Truth = 9371g

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Can't be any worse than the previous version.

Who is going to try them 1st ..... :noidea:

poynt

by poynt

I told SebK about them, and they sent him a pair to try, so he has them, but we need someone who is going to give them a good and proper testing. They might be amenable to sending out some more if it is made clear by us to them that the product will not be bought until it has been tested by us with the correct pads etc.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

I'd try them.

First in a local short track series. Then in a local week night XC series. Then, in general training/riding here in the Rockies.

I'm guessing the riding I'd put them through as a "pro" XC racer going from 5-10,000ft and back down is a bit more strenuous than what SebK would put them through in the London suburbs on a rail trail.

wingguy

by wingguy

LeDuke wrote:I'm guessing the riding I'd put them through as a "pro" XC racer...

Wait, what's a "pro" racer, and how is it different from a pro racer?

Is it possible to "make your living" racing bikes but not make your living racing bikes? :P

LeDuke

by LeDuke

wingguy wrote:
LeDuke wrote:I'm guessing the riding I'd put them through as a "pro" XC racer...

Wait, what's a "pro" racer, and how is it different from a pro racer?

Is it possible to "make your living" racing bikes but not make your living racing bikes? :P

"Pro", as in once upon a time I was foolish enough to pay the UCI/USAC for a UCI elite license.

"Pro", as in I don't make any money from racing my bike aside from prize money here and there.

Luckily, enough of the races I'm interested in doing these days are unsanctioned, and I no longer need a license to race the Pro/Open field.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com