Where to buy a light weight MTB carbon frame?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mattr

by mattr

See if you can find a second hand Scott Scale. No one wants them anymore (26" anyway) and i've seen them in the 3-400 euro range, probably less now, as i've not looked for a year or two. Almost every single one of them is under 1050g, and in smaller sizes (M) many are sub kilo.

DigitalArt

by DigitalArt

Cheers Mattr I will have a look now mate :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MidwestUllrich

by MidwestUllrich

DanW wrote:Shame you are after a rigid as I have a Hi-Mod Scalpel and Lefty XLR carbon that have been lying around for ages now :) 1570g frame and 1270g fork is almost rigid weight though :D

Back on topic, ebay is your best bet as 26 XC race hardtail frames have next to no value nowadays. Tons of options out there but the various models from Cannondale, Merida and Scott always seemed to offer the best geo (for the time) at properly light weight

Dan, how much do you want for your Scalpel frameset? Medium size? Please email me. Thanks.

DigitalArt

by DigitalArt

Hey guys.

Just wanted to say thanks again for the help regarding the frame I was looking for.

I have now bought one, I found it increasingly difficult to find a carbon 26" frame as well as get any parts for the 26er so I had to jump ship and buy a 27.5er

All I have done for now is buy the frame, it's a brand new 2014 KTM Myroon Master 27 fully carbon, I think it comes in at 1,100g.

I'm looking forward to making this build and will have many weeny questions along the way :lol:

Thanks again :thumbup: