Before and After. Trek Superfly SL 9.9

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Thought I would share a few photos. Ex Factory Racing Team bike bought from Trek UK. I have raced it for two years heavily so was showing lots of signs of scratches, scraps and scuffs. Decided to get it repainted and painted it in this years colours. Lucky I did as when it was taken back to the raw carbon one of the rear seat stays had a a crack around the tube, 3/4 of the way round so I was ready for a big crash. They also invisabily repaired this. Fantastic finish, the replicated all the decals and then lacquered, photos don't do it justice.

Before

Built up.

Even painted the top cap on the iCD Fox forks as well. :thumbup:
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanW

by DanW

Looks awesome! Who did the paint/ CF work and what is the current weight? :)

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Not got a weight but its pretty light but uber reliable. Will see if i can get some scales and get some info.

Target Composite's in the UK carried out the work. Highly recommended.
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."