Cruel components thru axles

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Just came across a brand that's new to me; Cruel Components. When first looking at their thru axles, I thought them to be pretty heavy, but they're actually really lightweight. Most of the front axles are heavier than the options from Extralite, but they offer axles for more forks than Extralite does, and they're still lighter than other brands out there. However, their Shimano E-thru rear axle is actually lighter than the Extralite one! Anyone who know anything about this brand? I wonder how they make that spiral form, and if it offers any benefits. And of course, how they are able to achieve this low weight. Are the axle walls just really thin? Would be nice to hear some opinions, or even better, experiences with these axles.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanW

by DanW

Everyone on the interwebz who uses them seems very happy

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

DanW wrote:Everyone on the interwebz who uses them seems very happy

Do you know if it's a new brand?

Dream Bikes
Shop Owner

by Dream Bikes

It's a new brand but comes from a company with many years of CNC experience. Products are very well done and they've got also a great customer care.

Thru Axle has got Titanium Torx bolt for a longer lasting (could be also replaced), it's 7075T6 CNC hollow made, but there's a Delrin plug to avoid mud penetration inside the axle.

We are happy to sell Cruel products in our store. Many new components are incoming....stay tuned!

Jaker

by Jaker

I've had one on my 19 lb Yeti ASR5 Carbon for about a year now. It works very well. It was part of a change from 135mm quick release to 142x12 thru axle on the bike and improved the rear stiffness significantly. So far so good!!

Yveltal

by Yveltal

It's new to me too, and there is no comments on the site, so it is hard to compare it with others.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com