Saddles

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Carlin

by Carlin

Right then guys for a while I've been using the Fizik Tundra 00 saddle it's always been great saddle but going from a hardtail to full susp just doesn't feel the same.
So anyways been reading around seem at the moment these Scoop Fabric saddled very popular and comfortable too.
I've seen the do a Fabric ALM full carbon looks absolutely beautiful and has great reviews.

Just wondering has anyone on here ever tried there saddles?

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I'm picking up a Habit SE today which has a scoop saddle, give me a couple of weeks and I'll let you know my thoughts (currently on a Gobi)
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

I get on really well with the scoop shallow. It's my favourite mtb saddle.

The ALM I'd only use for an XC position, I'd stick with the more padded versions for a long travel bike.

As ever with saddles of course, YMMV.

JensW

by JensW

has had a fabric scoop shallow for some month, okay saddle, but didn't fit me. Have Tune Komm-vor now and like it more even if its no padding. saddle is a mather of taste, so its hard ro recommend a saddle that fit everyone.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

First 10miles on the saddle, hate it, too flat for me. Will give it a few more rides to break in a bit

I will note that this appears to be the flat or shallow version of the scoop, its certainly closer to an Antares than a Gobi in fizik terms
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Carlin

by Carlin

Well I finally had the chance to ride my Fabric ALM and at first setting by up the saddle I though Gg wow this is very firm!!
So yesterday I went out for gentle ride but ended up dropping 40miles off road all I can say is wow this saddle is so comfy.
There still time as I'm still make my a few changed and hopefully it'll improve over time.

But I can say it's a lot better than the Fizik Tundra 00 saddle

I did however try the scoop wow that's a very comfy saddle too

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com