RF Cinch compatible BSA bottom brackets

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Hi there. As the title says, I'm wondering about BSA threaded BB options to use with my RF Cinch crank. I've already got two RF ones, and they work just fine, but I'm considering getting some green cups to match my Extralite hubs.

Can BSA386 bottom brackets be used with the cinch system (i.e. this one)? If so, what is the difference between this standard, and the BSA30 standard?

Hope anyone can provide me with some info/options;)

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Nobody who knows anything about the subject? I've never quite understood the differences between different BSA standards for 30mm spindles. Is there any difference, apart from maybe a few mm difference in outer width? If so, can these differences be made up for with spacers?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FreaK

by FreaK

I spoke to RF about the Wheels MFG models. Specifically I was interested in the angular contact version, because that seems much smarter to me than the more common deepgroove radial. In any case, it comes with spacers.
Yes there are two sort of standards. The difference practically speaking is in width. maintenance wise, RF stuck with the same tool as was introduced with the first bsa compatible 30mm crank, the old Zipp.
As far as being Cinch compatible, the standard Race Face spindle (RF136DH) is long enough for a 73mm bb so if you're running 68 then you should be fine with spacers.
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

The RF cups and dust covers are at the wider end of the spectrum of 30mm BSA BBs. So in my experience you'll be able to get away with pretty much any such BB, varying dust cover and spacer thicknesses to get you to the required width number RF specify. Enduro make such BBs in a variety of colors also.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

You can use any PF BB and Race Face adapters like these: http://www.jensonusa.com/Race-Face-Cinc ... BB-Spacers