2016 Cannondale Scalpel-Si

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

hjb1000

by hjb1000

New Scalpel looks pretty sweet.
Bikerumor article also shows some mtb hubs that look like Enve... hmmm

I do feel they should offer 27.5 & 29 across all sizes rather than only 27.5 for small mens though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickcube

by nickcube

Ah, the struggles of a saving student :(, lucky my shop sells cannondale so I might be able to get a nice deal on a 2 or 3. The first dual sus xc bike that's really caught my attention. I'm currently riding 27.5 wheels on a hardtail frame and fork that was designed for 26 and I just love the feeling and playfulness of it, even if my geo is a bit skewed because of it(I'm 5' 8"), so a 27.5 in a medium too wouldn't be a bad idea I think

grover

by grover

If you want a medium with 27.5 wheels just buy the 'womens' model.

AustinK

by AustinK

Really digging the way these look. I am pretty sure I am going to ditch my f-si and go for the scalpel race edition. Eagle is tempting, but the team model isn't listed on the US website and I am not really sure I need the 10-50 range. They are mad expensive though!

nickcube

by nickcube

I thought of that, and looking at the geo charts a medium women lands somewhere between a small and medium mens size so it could probably work, probably just depends on what I can get in. Funnily enough the 27.5 that I love was the cube i brought off you a few years ago, still great fun to ride actually. did I see you riding an F-Si at VES last month?

grover

by grover

Yep, I'm on an F-Si Team. Amazing bike. Geo absolutely dialled. Scalpel-Si Team imminent!

Geo between unisex and womens Small is identical - same frame both utilising 27.5 wheel.
Geo on the mediums is essentially the same too. Womens medium is 10mm longer than unisex medium, but that's because the stack on the Women's medium is 30mm lower. They're able to do that because it utilises the smaller wheel. Rough rule of thumb, every 10mm stack increases reach will decrease 3mm. So once you correct for stack difference, reach is the same (within 1mm or so).

The Women's Carbon 1 is the same spec as the unisex carbon 2 apart from the brake (XT vs XTR) difference
The Women's Carbon 2 is the same spec as the unisex carbon 3 apart from the rear derailleur (XT vs XTR) and rim (Rapid vs Crest) difference

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com