XC world cup droppers.

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DanW

by DanW

Even if a dropper wouldn't have made her much faster they should definitely give more margin for error in those situations.

This is my feeling with a dropper on an XC geo bike. I haven't been able to measure any speed increases with a dropper but even a few cm dropped saddle gives significantly more margin for error when you are on the verge of wiping out/ losing the front wheel/ etc. Not faster as such, but staying upright for longer maybe which can amount to the same thing

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

^^ This. Mine is there not for speed, but for safety. 35mm is a big gap when you need it (very tempted to get the 50mm version)
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanW

by DanW

65mm on my Lev Ci is probably twice as much as I really use. More is always tempting but the bike feels really ungainly after those first few cm. I can see why Absalon gaffa taped the stanchion to limit the amount of drop...

pamoreira

by pamoreira

How does a Lev Ci dropper (as an example) compare to a normal carbon seatpost in terms of "confort" when it's fully extended? I ride a carbon hardtail 29er, and quite like my carbon seatpost for the bit of added vertical compliance and confort it adds.

DanW

by DanW

I wouldn't expect any flex from them but the constant wiggling side to side might be worth something ;)