Orange, Stan's or other sealant?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

F45

by F45

I use the Bontrager. It performs as well as the best in the tests but is cheaper.

kode54

by kode54

i'm thinking about letting go of my tubes and going tubeless. this applies to road and/or mtb, correct? i suppose it doesn't matter as long as it seals up the puncture. i'm still a bit nervous about switching over, but i've heard that some carry a tube just in case of a flat that can't be repaired. i guess i can do that until my tubeless fears go away.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

As far as you use a proper setup (tubeless compatible wheels, and tubeless-ready tires), you shouldn't encounter any issues. I've been tubeless on my mountain bikes for the past 6 years with no major issues. My CX bike is also setup tubeless now (my first had tubulars, but for me the tubeless setup is as good, or better). I've ridden road tubeless too (Shimano Ultegra wheels + Schwalbe and Hutchinson tires), which caused me a bit more trouble. The tires were first generation though, and i suspect they have become much better since then. Also keep in mind, road tubeless is another standard, which I think only Shimano makes rims compatible with.

boysa

by boysa

Recent convert here, and I am loving tubeless. I was strictly a tubular guy, then after moving to our current locale and its awful roads, I picked up a set of clinchers. Now I'm on tubeless, and damn if it just doesn't make sense. For reference, I'm running November Rail 52s with Schwalbe Pro Ones. I also have some IRC tires I'm looking forward to trying out once these come off.
Last edited by boysa on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

kode54

by kode54

thx for the hijacked info. thinking of using Schwalbe Pro Ones to start.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc