Scott 910 hardtail

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

boots2000

by boots2000

Anyone riding a 2016 Scott 910 carbon hardtail?
I am thinking of getting one and looking for ride and sizing feedback.
Sizing seems to run small. I am 179cm tall and I think I could ride a medium or a large.

Pieter

by Pieter

I'm kinda in the same boat at 176. (not for the scale particularly, but seat tube and top tube are about the same length)
My seat is at 77.5 cm which means that the seatpost sticks a bit far out on a medium. (which I don't think looks good, looks like seatpost is almost as long as seattube)
On a large seatpost exposure seems normal. With a 80/90 cm stem on a L I'm not too stretched out.
I'm coming from a classic 26inch xc geometry though so position is quite different.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

Rides like a rocket, light, stiff, great acceleration, brilliant climber's bike though not as forgiving or with as good rear wheel traction over chatter as something like an F-Si or a BMC soft-tail.

You're pretty much bang in the middle of the sizes and there's a bigger difference in reach than stack so it's probably come down to how long a stem you want to run - unless you just want to get as low as possible on the front.

DanW

by DanW

I am 175cm with 74cm BB to saddle top distance and ride a Large with a 90mm -17 stem. Take that for what you will!

I would have thought Large would be better.

If you have a bike you are already comfortable on, use the stack/ reach to work out what stem/ spacer combinations you would need to fit on either frame size of the new bike and go from there

boots2000

by boots2000

Dan, Can you post a picture of your bike?

DanW wrote:I am 175cm with 74cm BB to saddle top distance and ride a Large with a 90mm -17 stem. Take that for what you will!

I would have thought Large would be better.

If you have a bike you are already comfortable on, use the stack/ reach to work out what stem/ spacer combinations you would need to fit on either frame size of the new bike and go from there

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanW

by DanW

It is stuck on the Turbo at the moment but I'll endeavor to get a pic up when it is freed from its shackles again :)