any fox float gurus one here ?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

michel2

by michel2

Hi all,
im wondering if one could changes fork internals from fox from one fork to the other i have a next to new 2013 fox float with one of thos bulky remotes, fork is really in excellent condition but i wont mind getting rit of that ridiculous lever on my bars. i suposse there are two options, one is to remove the remote and make do with a lever on the crown, altought iam not sure if that is just a bolt on option or if its is a bit more engaging than that or.. fit the internal of a 2014 fork with the 2014 remote im wonder if that would fit ?
any body here with experience in this mather ?thanks,mick

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rgkicksbutt

by rgkicksbutt

If you're buying new internals get the new 2016 FIT4 damper put in, better than all the past ones. 99% sure it will fit in your 2013, all the FIT forks can be 'updated' to the newer model dampers as far as I know. Would just send it to your fox service centre to do unless you are comfortable with damper servicing.

No bolt on (crown actuated) option for the remote lockout that I know of.

prodigy

by prodigy

michel2 wrote:remove the remote and make do with a lever on the crown, altought iam not sure if that is just a bolt on option or if its is a bit more engaging than that

It's a very straightforward job - all the parts come in a kit and it takes literally 5 minutes to do it:

Fox Racing Shox Topcap Interface for 32/34 FIT Forks 2014/15 - 13-820-05-273-KIT

michel2

by michel2

that top cap conversion kit looks really promissing, how ever it seems to work with forks after 2013 where mine is a 2013, perhaps a fresh cartridge but i have send an email to the fox folks and see what they come back with (-: thanks so far