XTR Di2 gear shifter paddles

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jaroslaw

by Jaroslaw

Hello,

Does any of you, who use XTR di2, have any issues hitting the correct paddle on the gear shifter?
I read in a couple of reviews that the testers sometimes mis-shifted in the wrong direction even after a while with the groupset.
Has any of you experienced anything like that?
I'm asking as I'm considerig getting the groupset and such a feedback would help :)

Thanks a lot!
Jarek

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rrkite99

by rrkite99

I don't have problems with that. You just have to stay aware of are you doing a single shift or multiple. I love the XTR DI2 for its rock solid shifting and automatic shifting of the front derailleur. I no longer use the front shifter paddles ,just set up the system to my preferences. I have 3 MTB 2 with high end mechanical and this XTR and no comparison. If I had the $ everyone would be XTR.

njyeti

by njyeti

I second that- never have any issues with shifting on XTR di2. It is awesome- I particularly like during racing I can even shift uphill under torque. When I was on SRAM mtb a few years ago, it missed shifts frequently.

I also don't use the front shifting pedals- synchro shift works well (just pick the racing shifting ratios - s2!).

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

njyeti wrote:I particularly like during racing I can even shift uphill under torque.

Careful, the chain is no stronger than normal so power shifts can still pop a side plate of the pin. Since the introduction of Di2 in the tandem world where I'm a mechanic I've seen a lot of people who don't bother letting off the power to shift and a corresponding increase in broken chains.

Jaroslaw

by Jaroslaw

Thanks a lot guys!
It's really nice to get a real-life feedback :)