Tune, Extralite or Carbon-Ti straight pull hubs?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Hi there. I really want some super lightweight hubs, and I'm wondering which one of these three brands is the best option. The Extralite hubs are the lightest ones, so unless one of the other brands have better quality, I think I'll end up buying the Extralites.
Last edited by HaakonJohansen on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CGT

by CGT

I think you will be satisfied regardless which one you choose. I am running a Carbon-Ti X-Hub SL as a front hub and I'm really satisfied with it. The bearings still spin very smoothly and so far I haven't even touched the preload adjuster. I can gladly recommend Carbon-Ti hubs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Big fan of Extralite here. Road bike disc wheels with CyberRearSPD 24h / HyperFront 24h (using 15mm to 9mm thru-axle adapter, custom perforated). MTB wheels with HyperRear / HyperFront straight-pulls, and another set with J-spokes, HyperJR / HyperJF hubs. Never had any issues, and love the micro-adjust preloads. Plus the hub weights are the weenie's weenie! :lol:

Having said that, Tune is coming out with straight-pull Skyline hubs, and Carbon-Ti already has fronts & rears out.

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Thanks guys;) Sorry for the really badly written post (I was writing it while half asleep). One more thing I'm wondering a bit about is what spoke count I should go for. 24/28, 28/28, 28/32 or 32/32?

TheRookie

by TheRookie

Spoke count depends on intended usage and the rim......
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

think about Soul Kozak sp hubs
http://eliflap.it/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com