Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SL

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vallinotti

by Vallinotti

Hi guys,

I am sited waiting for the arrival of my new Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SL bike. I ordered it back in August in Australia , since then I have been receiving several notifications of delay. My last update is to receive it in early February, not problem to wait at all. But I am expect to know if in any part of the world there is the same delay. Did some of you guys buy this bike or have seen this bike being ridden around? any personal review?

cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickf

by nickf

Showing only 1 in stock and it's a 15.5in size. That's in the US. Haven't see one come through yet and we are a big dealer with 12 stores. I personally have a 9.8sl and it's the best mtb I have had hands down. 9.9 was on my list but no availability and I'm not sold on the rs1. I'm willing to bet the hold up is suppliers getting the build kits together for the 9.9. I run my 9.8 in the steeper position on the mino link. The thing is a rocket. Will be swapping cranks out soon and once I wear through the cassette going to go xx1.

nickf

by nickf

Plenty of reviews on the web now about the 9.9sl. Still showing zero in stock in the US. Availability mid April.

Sybarite

by Sybarite

Just got my 17.5, rode it back to back and swapped around with a friend's Epic WC. This feels more planted downhill, Epic was more 'nervous'. Uphill the Epic seems to 'squirt' uphill faster, TF was ok.
Guess it might be the difference in wheelbase/rear chainstay length? More impressions later - this is only the first ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Getter

by Getter

The "nervous" feeling going down could be the slightly steeper head tube angle.