I have a Cannondale F300 2003 hardtail,
- CAAD2 frame
- Manitou Six Elite Fork (2002)
- SUN CR18 rims with shimano HB-RM15 hubs
- Hutchinson Scorpion tires
- LX front derraileur
- standard Deoro rear derraileur
- crappy alivio shifters/breaks and so on
- dunno crankset brand, prolly cannondale
Anyhow, I have quite a bit of $ to spend to make this baby ready for Iron Bike 2004, which is in September here in Brazil. (2 days, 80 km each very hilly trails). However, don't plan to spend more than US$ 1500 on replacement components for this bike, as this is my first season, and I really think a killer bike with an amateur driver just doesn't look too good.
The bike weighs in at 27 pounds (almost 13 kg) at the moment - however, this is not accurate, as I weighed it with a standard digital scale for lard asses. I would like to get it down to 22 pounds (10 kg), or less, if possible.
I'm 5,10 (182 cm), weigh 79-80kg (roughtly 176 pounds). However, I have a big butt
- so I need comfort in this area. I want a light bike, but it also has to be comfortable, as Iron Bike + all other races I will be taking will be endurance races. It has to be light AND comfortable.
I heard the best places to loose weight from a bike are:
- wheelsets + tires
- frontal fork/suspension
things to take into account:
- very much like rapid-fire triggers.
- its got an 8 gear cassete right now, I wish to turn it into a 9 geared baby, either with XT or XTR rear derraileur
Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Here are a few pics of the bike.