Any recommended light spokes for Disc brake?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Stylomilo

by Stylomilo

time to build my front disc wheelset for racing. :twisted: I need to find light spokes. For nipples, i'll choose brass for sure. i dont think alloy will be good for disc brake.hhmmm, what type of lacing should i build? :idea:
half radial, half crow-foot, crow foot or just 3 cross. :twisted: And Im using rigid fork. Any recommendations? :D
Crashman like crashing, feel the rythem and ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

What's youre idea of half radial, half crows foot. Crows foot is already a combination of cross and radial.

For a disc frontwheel i think you should choose cross over 3. That can cope with the applied braking powers better than radial and crows foot.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Cyco

by Cyco

Alloy nipples are fine, 3x Disc side and radial non-Disc side is fine, Revolutions on the non-Dsc side are fine. I have all these on wheels I've built. For a light weight XC rider I'd like to try 28 Revs, 3x Disc, Radial non-Disc, Alloy nipples- I'm confident it will work well.

My next wheels for myself will be DH 32h Hadley hubs, Mavic Ex823s, DT Aerolites (maybe New Areos on Drive side?), Alloy nipples, 3x and 2x(or radial) on front non-Disc side. Or XC wheels 32h Tune hubs (Hugi?), Mavic X717 (or Stans) with Aerolites, Alloy nipples, 3x rear, 3x disc front, radial non-disc front.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down