7kg (just over) race bike - Specialized Stumpjumper Expert

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SebK

by SebK

The rear wheel is a Haven because it is aluminium and aluminium compresses so goes in line with the rear shock The front rim is carbon and goes in line with the carbon fork to give a stiff front end .

I agree my bike has a 'weird' set up and I also agree it's not to everyone's taste . I surely don't think my opinion is the truth as it is my opinion .

The only reason I have an attitude is because like you stated i wasn't welcomed from the start . One person welcomed me and that was it . The first comment from LeDuke was very negative and from then on he just continued to be rude to me hence my attitude . I was very pleasant at the beginning but I will only give respect when it's given to me (like most) .

This bike was a full susser at the beginning but like I mentioned before after testing this set up on a cheapo build I did and seeing the articles from Cannondale and Gary Fisher stating it was successful (but just looked odd) I was hooked . I try new ideas . Having an engineering background does this to you . You are not restricted by lack of knowledge so go nuts and start coming up with different concepts . This is what we do .

I am certainly not a troll . If I were I wouldn't be posting pics of my ride and I certainly wouldn't be responding to anyone .

So like before I don't have an attitude but I was being negatively targeted so of course I will be rude straight back .

wingguy

by wingguy

SebK wrote:Cannondale and Gary Fisher were successful in the front rigid rear shock combo ...

Ummm, back in the 90's? When suspension forks were rubbish?

How much have bouncy forks improved since then vs how much rigid forks have improved since then?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

SebK wrote:It weighs less, it has faster handling due to the smaller and lighter front end, it has the brain shock for better rear traction and has a larger (carbon) chainring (I have big legs) which means I can top out at a much higher speed on the straight descents . I also have a stronger wheelset and lighter rotational weight .

A) Congratulations for being much, much stronger than Nino, Julien, Jaroslav et al.

B) After topping out at super high speeds on those descents, how hard do you crash on the first rock garden or set of braking bumps with that rigid fork?

SebK

by SebK

Well I don't really crash into the bumps . Carbon even though stiff is very forgiving . The front will roll over but helps if you lift the front end slightly . The trails I designed this bike for is not that rocky but the bike will cope .

devinci

by devinci

can't believe this tread is 4 pages long

stop feeding the damn troll

and LeDuke, make a dedicated post for the damn sweet machine!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

devinci wrote:can't believe this tread is 4 pages long

stop feeding the damn troll

and LeDuke, make a dedicated post for the damn sweet machine!

I've been holding off because it's been raining for the last 6 days, and I can't get proper lighting to shoot some halfway decent pictures. I'll be posting up some good pictures, complete build list, and a review in the next week or so.

SebK

by SebK

Thnk you Devinci :) !!!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

SebK wrote:Thnk you Devinci :) !!!

He called you a troll, dude.

SebK

by SebK

Sarcasm - look it up .

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Period placement. Look it up.

Emoticons, too.

Jmdesignz2

by Jmdesignz2

I say leave this guy alone. If he likes his bike and it works for him, then why not?

Sebk - if you have a low cost source for schmolke stuff, please pm me :)

SebK

by SebK

Will do .

SebK

by SebK

LeDuke this is possibly my last reply to you as you seem very intent on taking the pi** out of me and show you have absolutely no background engineering skills whatsoever but seem very eager to pass judgment considering your bike isn't that special anyway (wanted to add that last one) . You sir are incredibly arrogant, rude and quite frankly your own worst enemy . You keep up this attitude and you will only stress yourself out and convey a very negative character of yourself to others . I won't mention what the guys on G+ think of you but to put it lightly they hate you . I have over 23million views on my page and nearly 1000 followers . Before you insult what I have created look closer at my bike and think carefully before you comment next time .

JackWalk

by JackWalk

You keep on mentioning your Google plus followers like it is actually worth something haha. And to be honest you have been the arrogant imbecile. I think the forum would be much better if you left and went back to your precious Google plus

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SebK

by SebK

I didn't start the argument so how am I the arrogant one ?!!! Again you also need to think before you comment . Believe me having what I have on G+ is worth more as I get positive responses from companies (even Fairwheels at one point) . I thought I would share what I have and can do on here also but doesn't seem that great at the moment . Anyway don't comment on my post if you have nothing relevant to say you idiot .