TruckerCo brake pads

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jaker

by Jaker

Hi there,

I've seen many reviews of these pads and most people are quite happy with them. I just bought a set of their Formula R1 pads with carbon fiber backing plates. Has anyone here used these? They were on sale, and appealed to the weight weenie in me. They were cheap enough that if they don't work, I can always replace them with a set of the OEM aluminum backed pads.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

I've used/use their aluminum backed R1 pads. Great XC performance and quiet as opposed to stock Formula pads in my case. Ashima Ai2 rotors for the most part.

Their website says alu. backed pads save 10-15g over stock pads. The new carbon backed pads promise to save between 10 -15g over stock pads as well ... ?
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeDee

by MikeDee

krzysiekmz wrote:I've used/use their aluminum backed R1 pads. Great XC performance and quiet as opposed to stock Formula pads in my case. Ashima Ai2 rotors for the most part.

Their website says alu. backed pads save 10-15g over stock pads. The new carbon backed pads promise to save between 10 -15g over stock pads as well ... ?

Carbon conducts heat poorly. Is that good or not?

Jaker

by Jaker

I got the pads. They are installed, but I have not done a ride yet. Just rolling around my cul-de-sac they seem to have great power right out of the box. We'll see how they do on the trails shortly. 2 pads on my digital scale were 12g.

AJS914

by AJS914

I bought a set of these off of Amazon for some XT brakes. They worked well and were quiet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jaker

by Jaker

I did a ride the other day with them on a course that has lots of twisties and sharp turns. They worked fantastic. There were no long hard braking sections though, and no long downhills either. I suspect they'd be in over their (my) head if the trail went down for any great length of time.