Killer tire setup puncture proof

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

hjb1000

by hjb1000

hobie wrote:I wish tubless was a viable option but it's such a gimmick and fad. No one will being doing "tubeless" in another year or so once the lemming hype is over.

I actually agree with you. Current tubeless tech leaves a lot to be desired.
Personally, I'm still rocking my mtb tubular and loving it... no punctures! If only somebody made 'All Mountain' tubulars :D

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have geax saguro mtb tubs and these things are the most confidence inspiring tyres I have ridden. I have dugast fast birds as well but i flat those. I don't mind tubeless and it's not a fad it's better than tubed tyres but I prefer tubs. Schwable pro core system should make an almost puncture proof set up but the cost is high and availability is well poor. I have had then on order for months for my shop. I am apparently a dealer with no kits and no sign of them soon!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jooo

by jooo

Schwalbe's system also weighs a ton!

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Moments before the creation of this thread....
Using Tapatalk

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Pro core is lighter than the ops solution though.

hjb1000

by hjb1000

bm0p700f wrote:I have geax saguro mtb tubs and these things are the most confidence inspiring tyres I have ridden. I have dugast fast birds as well but i flat those. I don't mind tubeless and it's not a fad it's better than tubed tyres but I prefer tubs. Schwable pro core system should make an almost puncture proof set up but the cost is high and availability is well poor. I have had then on order for months for my shop. I am apparently a dealer with no kits and no sign of them soon!

Good to hear about your success with Saguaro tubulars!
I'd like to try Pro Core as well, but how much extra weight are we talking? At the end of the day it's still a tubeless-hybrid design

TheRookie

by TheRookie

Procore is designed for DH and Enduro and to allow lower ressures to be run safely, its a heavy option and not meant for XC use, but would be lighter than the solution in the first post!

I have no problem running regular Schwalbe folding tyres on a Stans Rim tubeless, so circa 500g of tyre and sealant, nothing better than running over a thorn and hearing that Hiss-splutter-silence as the sealant does it's job!
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I will try the pro core over the winter months. I am hoping the very low pressure on some very open thread Geax Tyres I have got will allow some grip in the mud. The thing is I will first have to get the Pro-core's! Tubs still going strong they are refusing to puncture so far. Going out at present for training rides with a can of sealant in my back pocket and a CO2 canister feels quite liberating. Feeling more confident for rides over 30 miles now.

ma2xs

by ma2xs

Impressive! Look into the shwalbe procore set up. Sounds like Vittoria has one in the works as well.