Light-Bicycle Wheelsets

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

michel2

by michel2

ive been ridding theior rims for shy of two years now, very happy, build the wheels myself just bought the wider 29er rims and a set of xtr hubs.

Jaker

by Jaker

I'm still looking for a set of lightweight 22mm or wider internal width carbon rims for a nice light wheel build. Anyone know anything about the Ryde Edge MC-1 rims?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

The Mcfk rims are very nice. I'm happy with my set built with Lefty/240s hubs and CX-Ray spokes. 24.5 mm internal width, unlimited rider weight.

scant

by scant

has anyone built their Light-Bicycle rims 2 cross? absolute black recommend 2 cross build for their hubs, I'm not sure what Light-Bicycle recommend?

jimborello

by jimborello

I would recommend buying just the rims and building them yourself with quality hubs and spokes. Thats what I did and they have been flawless. I would also think you should consider Nextie rims, they are relatively new but have good quality

erik$

by erik$

@scant:

I have done at least 5 pairs with 28h 2 cross. I have cracked a couple rims after some hard punch throughs but no issues related to spokes and lacing.

Edu24h

by Edu24h

I´d buy rims and building with dt hubs. I fyou have experience building wheels, I´d try titanium spokes.