Looking for shoes with a WIDE toebox

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jeffy

by jeffy

the_marsbar wrote:I saw a picture of the Shimanos. They don't look wider in the toe box compared to the regular Shimanos (and the regular ones felt tight in the toe box).

you are wrong. the difference between the regular and wide shimano, is significant. i use wide.
it is wider / higher volume, all over. higher instep, wider more volumes toe box.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Thanks for letting me know.

Unfortunately it's not possible for me to order the wide version anywhere. Maybe next time I'll try again...

ReLe

by ReLe

I have same problem with my feet They are very wide. Only shoes that fit my feet in general are:
-Sandals
-Wide last hiking boots (Hanwag Tatra Wide and Meindl Wide models)

I have used Specilazed BG Comp for MTB and road, since it has been the only shoe I have found that fits. Shimano E model is not wide. It is like normal width compared to average feet width in northern scandinavia. Last summer I found out that Sidi Dominator 5 fit mega on 0.5 size step (roomier toe box) fits and I bought them. That was a BIG mistake. Toe box was wide, but sole was very narrow, felt like standard, so my little toe felt like it was going overboard when I pedalled. Also height was not adequate. Inner side there was also outruding piece that hit the cranks.

Now I again ordered Specialized BG Comps. I have not tried on S-Works. Maybe I will try Mavics next time.

Ebruner

by Ebruner

Bont.

commendatore

by commendatore

lake wide has worked well for me.

freeriderxy

by freeriderxy

Try Shimano XC 70 wide model.
lot of toe place,and a race,comfy...
can by ordered on bikecomponents.de and bike24.de
BE a bike raider ,NOT a net surfer!
https://www.strava.com/dashboard

bombertodd

by bombertodd

the_marsbar wrote:I ended up getting a pair of S-Works again... 43.5.

I spent most of yesterday evening comparing pictures of soles, to see the shape of the shoes. Most shoes seem to be more pointy than the S-Works.

I have terrible feet (wide, high arch, square toes, narrow heel) and try on every shoe I can possibly find.

From my findings:

Wide toe box:
Lake
Bont

Semi wide:
Specialized (newer sworks at least)
Northwave
Vittoria
Shimano
Pearl Izumi

Not wide toe box:
Sidi
Bontrager
DMT
Giro
Mavic
Diadora

thebuny

by thebuny

Maybe Bont? They have a pretty wide toebox

DanW

by DanW

Bont may be wide but they were hideously uncomfortable for me due to the very high arch. I have some for sale if they suit anyone else better.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

FYI. The outsole on the left shoe (pair of S-Works shoes from the beginning of the summer) looked like it was starting to come off. Sent a picture to my LBS and they got a replacement from Specialized. I got to choose the wide version instead of the regular. It definately feels wider than the pair I had. If that first impression changes I'll report back. Oh, and got them in black too, which is what I wanted from the beginning (but there were none left) :)

EDIT: I have a couple of rides with the new shoes. They fit my feet much better than the pair I had before. I'd even say they're the most comfortable cycling shoes I've ever stuck my feet in :)

BRM

by BRM

the_marsbar wrote:
My problem: My feet are really wide around the toes, not pointy like most people's feet:

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas!

Have a look at Luck. Custom Shoes Made in Spain
Dunno if there are dealers in Denmark.

http://luck-bike.es/en/

2 reviews
http://velopeloton-cycling-pyrenees.bik ... ing-shoes/

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122629