Garbaruk chainrings?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jaker

by Jaker

He charged me 6 euro for shipping to the US, so I imagine it'll be that or less.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jengaback

by Jengaback

Thanks. [emoji1]

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

did you see the custom road rings they did for me ?

http://eliflap.it/2015/05/28/garbaruk-road/

oval , direct mount for hollowgram and s-works cranksets

46T
http://eliflap.it/

ihs0yz

by ihs0yz

I emailed them for some advise on how it should be mounted and I got this. Which seems about right.. The ring is at its largest diameter at the 4pm crank arm position.

But I'm a little confused, I always thought I'd just mount it 180° (I'm using SRAM Exogram cranks, so hidden bolt config).
I'm thinking they might've produced a custom chainring for me. Because mounting it the way the picture tells me to really should put the oval's timing 72° off?

They make use of the little tab as a mounting guide like Praxis does but in this case it's 72° above my crank arm, thoughts?

FWIW, I eyed the chainring with a straight rule over both faces, placed both faces on as many straight surfaces possible, compared to my SRAM CX1 ring and it does not seem to have any offset to compensate chainline shift. So from a chainline perspective, it basically is just like getting rid of the small chainring on a 2x setup.

Jaker

by Jaker

In the diagram, the largest diameter of the chainring is at the 12 o'clock position when the crank arm is at the 4 o'clock position -108 degrees. That puts the torque at it's greatest output to the rear wheel when your foot/pedal is at the point where it's been determined (through scientific study I'm told) to be producing the greatest power.

ihs0yz

by ihs0yz

Sorry I should've really mentioned that everything I was talking about was comparing the ring I received and the actual rings (since they're meant to be mounted on a five arm spider with no hidden bolt)
I was thinking I would mount the ring 180° on my SRAM Exogram, which puts the oval back into the position since it's symmetrical. But as you can see in the picture, I'm told to just rotate it to the next bolt hole which technically would put the timing off by 72° but it doesn't.
So, I was wondering if I got a chainring specifically for a hidden bolt crank.

I'll just add this picture on ring mounting from Garbaruk for reference:

Jaker

by Jaker

I'm afraid I don't understand the trouble you're having. Mount the rings so the largest diameter/high point of the oval is at the 12 o'clock position when the crank arm is at roughly the 4 o'clock position.

Jaker

by Jaker

So I've been using the Garbaruk wide range cassette modification and so far its working fantastic. I have the 29-35-42 added to my XT 11-24 1st 7 cogs. The whole thing came out to about 280g. So far I'm happy with the purchase.

Getter

by Getter

I made the order for a 30T direct mount Melon. Curious to try out the 47.7mm chainline.

They also have a new derailleur cage for SRAM Type 2/2.1 rear derailleurs. When I asked Yura said that is moves the upper jockey 18.5mm. Wonder how much it will change the way the derailleur shifts in the small cogs? He said that it will allow the derailleur to take a 44T. I have a 11-42 cassette now and the shifting could improve a slight bit in the small cogs. I'm resisting the temptation because I don't want to be an early adopter just to find out a few months later a new improved version has come out.

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

If some people have problems with the delivery, u can order now @ https://r2-bike.com/

Getter

by Getter

Got my ring today. I did not expect to get it this fast! Quality looks pretty darn good.

Installed it...the 47.7mm chainline seems better than the stock 49mm XX1. Chain no longer drops off when I backpedal in the 42T.

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

47.7mm with 32 or 34Teeth?
Space between chainstay?

how many k's has the derraileur/chain/cassette?
Does it shift better downwards?

Getter

by Getter

I have a 30T. The chainline gets higher as the ring gets bigger. Made no difference in shifting.

Michauuu

by Michauuu

Got the 34 melon and I'm not so happy. Fixing for lightning isn't matched and must use loctite

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Just got my 34t Melon, and it looks great on my Hollowgrams. Beautiful piece of machine work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com