SRAM xo grip shift spring

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tinchy

by tinchy

Does anyone know or have links to a manual as to how the spring of a seam x0 grip shift shifter fits into place?

Can't for the life of me work out how to get the damn thing back in place :noidea:

nickcube

by nickcube

Is this the 10sp model you're talking about? I was forced to pop mine out when trying to get a stuck cable out. Couldn't for the life of me fix it, so I swallowed my pride and just brought a new one. At least i have a handy little friction shifter now :-?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinchy

by tinchy

Yeah 10spd

I found one diagram on the entire web, which helped me fix the spring in the right place but theres a little metal bit that pops out too and god knows where that goes.

The lack of any official manual makes me think sram doesnt want us fiddling with this part and buying new ones instead

nickcube

by nickcube

I worked out where everything goes, but I think the spring is put in there during the manufacturing process. I trimmed out the plastic around where the cable goes in but I still couldn't work out a way to get the spring in there. Could also be the fact that it's pretty much impossible to get the spring back in there once it's out, whether deliberate or by chance. Methinks you're going to have to get a new shifter buddy

tinchy

by tinchy

yup, new shifter it was. nice one sram :evil:

nickcube

by nickcube

How did you pop it out?

freeriderxy

by freeriderxy

You must put first bouth end of spring on this plastic dorn on both shifter,and then press the both shifter side together.
If you have a problem with the spring,help you self with a small screwdrwer,to press them inside the shifter.

That's is in shortly,it is actually pcs. of cake
BE a bike raider ,NOT a net surfer!
https://www.strava.com/dashboard

TheRookie

by TheRookie

Just rebuilt my X0 9 speed.

Without the spring in place, get a feel for how the grip locates into the base, also twist the shift to have the spring at it's most relaxed when engaging to reduce the preload.

Place spring on peg in the base, then slide in the twist shift until there is about 5-10mm to go and locate the other end of the spring in the grip, slide the grip on further and locate into base, fit locating collar.

Assuming it's the same as yours!
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com