My 15.3 LBS, 6.93 kg 26" hardtail 1X10

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Thanks again for posting it! To me the WW game is therapeutical! Haha...when I want a brake from the world (and parenting with two under 3 year old kids) I jump into the portal interstellar to 'neverland' and I am as happy as it can be! That's how a feel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Hey Fastvegan digging some more info on the xpedo pedals, I believe that what you've done with your M-Force 8Ti is basically a identical pedal comparing to the their road version R-FORCE TI. Looks like they even use the same exact cleat but there is an additional piece that goes on the road version. Even on weight they became equal!

I actually got quite interested in trying the road version as a Mtb pedal...should work fine.

fastvegan

by fastvegan

You are correct, those pedals were what got me thinking about one sided spd. I was going to buy them, but decided to turn a set I had into one sided and it worked! No need to spend money when you don't have to.

CulBaire

by CulBaire

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

fastvegan wrote:You are correct, those pedals were what got me thinking about one sided spd. I was going to buy them, but decided to turn a set I had into one sided and it worked! No need to spend money when you don't have to.

Real good! I can't really do that with my M-FORCE 4 TI because both ends are a single piece dependable to each other on both sides (if that makes sense). I would need to go after the R-force. I'm still wondering if the R-force really does work with spd cleats.

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

fastvegan, because of you...I just got the R Force on ebay...very good deal! I'll be working on restoring and tuning the pedal to make it new again! thanks for the inspiration!

hjb1000

by hjb1000

Great build, nice to know there are others out there still running 26" :)
And awesome choice on the Tufo tubular tyres! I've got the XC4's and I can't fault them.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Are you thinking about rigid fork?? You will be very close to 6kg.

AJS914

by AJS914

I'm curious how the ride is. How does it compare to other bikes you have/had? Has it been durable?

TheRookie

by TheRookie

Great build, not sure I'd go single sided pedal myself (the photo's show how the 'rest) but a good effort!

I do like the Durin forks (my son has them on his in 120mm flavour), just couldn't get a set at the right price for mine so using the ubiquitous SID's!
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

Edu24h

by Edu24h

Have you never had any problems with lightning cranks? I broke them twice

Michauuu

by Michauuu

Wow! Great bike. How works the woolftooth?
Got oval Garbaruk with same crank and it's shit not NW. Must use loctite to reduce clearance (sorry for my english)

Edu24h got it for 5 months and everytning's okay

Itsadrianduminy

by Itsadrianduminy

Love this build!! What'd you pay for, and what does your frame weigh?

Ps: I mever knew a mtb could be that light!!

Itsadrianduminy

by Itsadrianduminy

Love this build!! What'd you pay for, and what does your frame weigh?

Ps: I mever knew a mtb could be that light!!

carbonXScycles

by carbonXScycles

What started out as a project at home in my workshop (albeit a pretty extensive engineering studio) to put together the lightest dual suspension bike for my daughter at age 3, I got a little carried away. (I realized this when ordering custom made titanium fasteners for the frame). The result has come up as such a beautiful creation that I had to share it with this community. I scoured WW for information on a light (I mean really light) kids bike and came up about as short as my daughter. The bike is now at the 6 generation stage and is genuinely fast. I got the weight down to 6.85kg (15.1 pound)for a full dual suspension bike - it's a pity it is only 20" wheel and the rider limit is 55 pounds. I am confident gen 7 will drop another pound and a half ! Hope it goes down well.

Dave at carbonXScycles

The original MAD1 in 2013

The current MAD6

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com