Cannondale Save 2 seatpost setback?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Guys, I picked up a F29 Carbon 2 which has a 1st gen Save seatpost. I'm loving the shock absorption/flex of this post, it's super comfy, but my saddle is mounted right at the very front of the rails, which is "OK" but I could really use 15-25mm of setback to put the clamp somewhere near the middle of the rails.

I can't find any real info about the Save2 post on the web and my local dealer is not exactly helpful (is focused on selling road bikes), but it looks like it does have some set back? Can anyone advise how much?

Also if anyone can recommend an alternative set back post that has a similar shock absorption to the Save post please chime in (not a thudbuster thanks)

Cheers

PS if it does have 15-25mm of setback and anyone wants to sell one let me know!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

muntos

by muntos

Syntace P6 HiFlex ?
I'm selling mine :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

looks like the Syntace is a straight post no?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

gfeldy

by gfeldy

bikewithnoname wrote:Guys, I picked up a F29 Carbon 2 which has a 1st gen Save seatpost. I'm loving the shock absorption/flex of this post, it's super comfy, but my saddle is mounted right at the very front of the rails, which is "OK" but I could really use 15-25mm of setback to put the clamp somewhere near the middle of the rails.

I can't find any real info about the Save2 post on the web and my local dealer is not exactly helpful (is focused on selling road bikes), but it looks like it does have some set back? Can anyone advise how much?

Also if anyone can recommend an alternative set back post that has a similar shock absorption to the Save post please chime in (not a thudbuster thanks)

Cheers

PS if it does have 15-25mm of setback and anyone wants to sell one let me know!

The Save2 comes in a setback or 0 offset. I have one from my FSi and it feels great. Call NewBury Park Bike Shop and ask for Ben or Big Shane. They'll order you one if need be, but they can definately help you out.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

muntos

by muntos

bikewithnoname wrote:looks like the Syntace is a straight post no?

No, actually it has setback, this is the reason I want to sell it, I need one without setback.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Thanks Guys, looks like the Save 2 is the one for me. I'll see if someone in the UK can supply me with one

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

how many mm is the Save 2 seatback ?
http://eliflap.it/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com