How to shed some weight

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Apileoftile

by Apileoftile

Okay so I am getting ready to go through some more upgrades and would like to figure out if there is anything else I should be looking at. First, When Sram came out with the XO stuff I feel in love with the gold nugget set...and it was the have to have component. I have considered multiple times going to XX1, but I think I would feel strange loosing those coveted parts. I am at 9932 KG or 21.9 lbs as is, I have had a real hard time with tubeless, but am thinking of racing with Maxxis 285 Maxxlite tires with flyweight tubes. That would put me at 381 grams per wheel. which alone should drop me down to 9444 grams. I have also considered loosing the 44 Tooth ring...but what should I replace it with? I have gone through every bolt on this bike and replaced it with Ti Nitride bolts.
I am also looking at having the front fork rebuilt and then adding a Fox Racing Shox Float CTD Boost Valve rear shock... I don't think I'll save any weight there, but its either a rebuild or something new.
I recently went through knee surgery....torn ACL and a torn displaced meniscus, I want to get back out and get fast, and I figure the lighter the bike the faster the rider...up hill at least.

A Pile of Tile
Artistic Tile Inlay

http://youtu.be/9SctEhBljqY

01 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 98 Schwinn Mesa GSX, 04 Ventana El Chamuco, 07 Navara Bliss

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

Get rid of those heavy barplugs. Light one in plastic saves weight for free, :)

airsky

by airsky

Very nice bike you have..