Giant XTC advanced SL wheel options carbon 29er

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Carlin

by Carlin

Hi Guys,

For some reason I put post on yesterday but was removed??

Anyways I'm currently looking for second set of wheels for my bike.
I currently have Mavic Crossmax ST 2014 model, but I like some lighter and stiffer wheels was thinking of carbon.

I have a small Giant.XTC advanced SL small 29er 19.8lbs and myself I weigh 13.2st

I cant really find good feedback on the following two set of wheels and I wonder what a everyday rider has on the wheels please.

Specialized Roval SL wheels and the Enve M60 was thinking of Chris King hubs as heard the ratchet bite is instant compared to the likes of Mavics etc.

Any links or advice would be great or am I better off just buying another set of Mavics again.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stoney

by stoney

I have the Specialized Roval Control Carbons and love them. But you're comparing apples to oranges...the Roval SL should be compared to the Enve M50 instead of the M60.

Carlin

by Carlin

stoney wrote:I have the Specialized Roval Control Carbons and love them. But you're comparing apples to oranges...the Roval SL should be compared to the Enve M50 instead of the M60.

Thanks for this tbh Carbon wheels are phenomenon to me as never had any.
The only reason picked M60 was after I seen some by hand was lovely looking wheels that's all

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Why not get some built ENVE 29er XC rims 350g each laced to DT Swiss 240 or 180's, White Industries hubs or Chris Kings.

That what I would do ENVE on DT Swiss hubs if I had the money, it would be cheaper too. Really want there tubular rims had not realised they where so light I feel another of race wheels coming on.

Carlin

by Carlin

bm0p700f wrote:Why not get some built ENVE 29er XC rims 350g each laced to DT Swiss 240 or 180's, White Industries hubs or Chris Kings.

That what I would do ENVE on DT Swiss hubs if I had the money, it would be cheaper too. Really want there tubular rims had not realised they where so light I feel another of race wheels coming on.

This is one of the options I'm looking at the Enve M60 rims on Chris King hubs. As in regards DT Swiss never used them or know of any fellow riders who have so not really looked at them tbh

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffreyj

by jeffreyj

Can you get "Nox" rims in your area? Their Skyline rims would be a bit lighter (345g per rim), same width, and you could do a 28h option to make the build a hair lighter. I have the Teocalli 28h rims (26mm internal) built with I9 hubs weighing in at 1550g with rim tape and valves. Also use a set of their Farlow 275s on my Santa Cruz 5010. Great rims and great company.