Cube vs Giant

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mattyNor

by mattyNor

So it's time to build next seasons race bike and my two options are either Giant XTC Advance 1 or Cube Reaction GTC SL both in 27.5. I could get the giant for cheaper which means more money leftover for upgrades. I know very little about Cube since they only became available in my area this month. As far as my research goes both bikes are nearly identical in spec and Geo with the Giant having slightly better spec and more relaxed Geo. The Cube gets me more excited because it's more unique but I feel like the Giant is a better buy.

cfr

by cfr

I'd pick the Giant. Comes with a pretty nice set of carbon wheels out of the box, as well as everything that's needed to make the bike tubeless. They don't use DT Hubs on those wheels, but it's still a very simple, proven pawl system with decent engagement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

de lars cuevas

by de lars cuevas

Hi! I'd say: check the geometry's first. Cube frames tend to be tall and short, especially in the larger sizes. Makes me not want to buy them.

Cheers, Lars

gfeldy

by gfeldy

I'd go Giant. They make a fantastic bike and have a great warranty.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

mattyNor

by mattyNor

Thanks guys, only reason I was considering the cube is the "look what I have" aspect I guess.