Info request - 29er suspension Fork 9mm QR

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

I want to get a new fork as my son and I are wanting to do more MTB riding this year and currently I am riding a full rigid build. I was looking at the Rockshox Reba RL 29er 100mm Remote Lockout Air Fork 9mm QR which seems to be a good deal for the weight and having lock up is nice as well.

Is there anything else that is around the same price that might be lighter or better in performance.

OR

Something much lighter but more expensive. LAUF? but I just have to see if I can convert my front wheel.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

OrPe

by OrPe

i really like the manitou's.

I have ridden a tower pro 26 on my superlight, and now riding the top of the line fox 29'er (Float FIT factory trail adjust kashima... 120. oooofff what a long name it has.). I really like the manitou much better. A much plusher fork.

At the same weight range as the reba you can get the Tower (120) or the marvel.

also... what front hub do you have? maybe it is convertible to 15 TA? it will help the stiffness by quite a bit. DT's, Hope's are easily converted... maybe yours as well?

BTW the marvel comes both in 15mm TA as well as 9mm QR.

Oren

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

I am riding the Stan's Crest ZTR wheelset which I believe is able to be converted.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

OrPe

by OrPe

BmanX wrote:I am riding the Stan's Crest ZTR wheelset which I believe is able to be converted.

seems so - http://www.notubes.com/15mm-Conv-for-ZT ... -P217.aspx

i would put the extra 15$... well worth the stiffness added

Oren

vfb

by vfb

Like OrPe said the manitou is a very good fork, i came from the top of the line fox f32 fit ctd trailadjust kashima thing, to a manitou marvel pro. And i like it much better, much better relaibility, better damping and stiffer. I have tried the top forks from both rock shox and fox, but like manitou better!
If the price isn`t the biggest diffrence i would save up for the marvel over the tower since it is a better damper in the marvel.
I would also get the conversion kit to 15mm which also will gain some remarkable stiffness over the 9mm QR :-)
I ride for fun

stuka666

by stuka666

Plus that, if you want to sell the fork in the future it will be worth more than those 15$ in addition to the 9mm version.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

I have a SID Brain 29 I'm trying to sell. New seals, 9mm dropouts. $350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OrPe

by OrPe

Updates?