Scott Spark Twinlock not returning to Open

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rack1600

by Rack1600

Hey all, first post on here. I recently bought a Scott Spark with Twinlock, and on a ride today in the forest - it was very muddy - suddenly the rear-shock stopped pulling the remote-lockout back to the Open position.

It is the Twinlock system with both suspensions on one lever, and the front shock is returning fine if I manually push the lever back to the open position - but it is meant to do this on it's own. The rear does nothing.

I can pull on the lock-out cable at the rear suspension and get it to return to Open, and it pulls the Lever back with it, so it is turning/moving and it works ok. The lockout itself in the shock works fine - hard in Full lockout, soft in Full open.

It is only 2 months old, but the shop I bought it from is not local, so I just thought I would check if there is something simple I should be looking at here, but it sounds like a busted spring.

I live in Denmark and there are not many high peaks, so I do a lot of switching between Trail and Climb mode, but nothing insane - it is a mountainbike part, I expected it to be a bit robust...

Cheers,
Simon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com