Trek Superfly 2015 hardtail weights

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

wenanwhere

by wenanwhere

Hi guys,

Does anyone have weights for the 2015 range of trek superfly hardtails, looking at looking at 9.8SL/XT/X1 varieties in particular

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffreyj

by jeffreyj

Yeah, check out the last few post on page 7. Mine is about (edit: see below) with eggbeaters and tubeless. Stock bike was 9.75 kg (21.5 lbs). Once I get my chainring/cranks on, I'll take it back up to the shop to weigh it.

FWIW, I like the idea of a "2015 Superfly weight" post. Don't think the frames are any lighter from 2014, just different component spec.
Last edited by jeffreyj on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffreyj

by jeffreyj

So I got my own scale today instead of having to go up to the bike shop to weigh in. Ordered the Feedback Sport Alpine as I liked the options, accuracy, and write-ups. Looks like the shop scale is off a bit as I weighed in a bit heavier than what they said (and my Santa Cruz 5010c did as well).

With the few minor changes from stock, I'm currently sitting at 9548g (21.05lbs) with the Eggbeater 1 pedals. The minor changes include tubeless (~200g savings from stock), removed down tube/chainstay protector (~80g savings), Specialized seat post/carbon rail saddle (~45g savings), and Truvativ noir carbon cranks with RF 30t ring (~130g savings). With those changes, I initially thought I'd be closer to 9300g (20.5lbs) based on the weight the shop scale said.

All this added back in makes my stock medium size bike about 10,000g (22lbs) with Eggbeater pedals or 9720g (21.4lbs) without pedals.

Have my Nox Teo/I-9 wheels coming soon and will be using Ashima rotors, so I should be getting down to about 9250g (20.4lbs) at that time. Using stock Bontrager tires currently which weigh about 700g each, so weight could easily come off there with lightweight rubber. Will actually be putting the 725g XR3s I got on (at least the front) when the wheels come in though, so factor a few more grams added back on. Once my mileage is similar to the Santa Cruz, I may snag the XX1 cassette and derailleur from that bike though and will drop another ~100g at that point.

Hope this helps anyone looking to get the 9.8SL...overall the bike has been awesome! After riding a fs bike for the last few years I was concerned going to a ht, but with the carbon rail saddle this bike is pretty damn compliant. No back pain whatsoever (my biggest fear at 40 years old) on my shortish 16km (10 mile) rides I've been on and the acceleration is fantastic. Been on some pretty rough/very new trails and the fs would almost be preferred, but on a well ridden single track trail this thing rocks!

jeffreyj

by jeffreyj

Well, I've made some changes and now I'm down to 8520g (18.78 lbs) as pictured here. Nox rims, Ashima Rotors, XX1 cassette from my SC, Eggbeater 4ti, XTR brakes, Lizard Skin DSP grips, and 2015 Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.1r/2.25f.

TheRookie

by TheRookie

The Superfly HT do look nice, nice build as well.
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com