easton ec90 seatpost

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

Hi guys

Looking for a post for a FS 29er build. What would you guys recommend between the ec90 post or a ebay climax post? Is the easton stronger? Can it be tuned? Is the climax weaker then a kcnc?

Price is no issue. Weight, tunability and strength are my concern

FredBloggs

by FredBloggs

Don't bother with the Easton if weight is a concern, it's a boat anchor. The cradle is heavy as hell and the design isn't particularly fantastic. There is a thin curved plate that sits under the barrel that each bolt is threaded into. Fiddly as hell & bugs the hell out of me every time I go to clean it.

Have a look at the Hylix (link below) or. KCNC Pro scandium.

http://tinyurl.com/mq93l27

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scott91

by scott91

Any particular reason for your choice of EC90? I'd mostly echo the above comments regarding an EC90 seatpost.

Are you open to other brands?

Personally, I really like the bontrager XXX post for a balance of strength and light weight. Though I have had good luck with the KCNC lasting the last 3 years on my road bike, I'm not sure I'd trust it on my MTB.

devinci

by devinci

I have the ENVE and the KCNC on my hardtail. Currently will stick to the KCNC but would have liked to go with something matte black and as light or lighter then the KCNC. Any suggestions?

scott91

by scott91

I'm sure something exists, but it's hard to beat the balance of price/weight of the KCNC.

What frame?

devinci

by devinci

Rocky Mountain Vertex 999rsl 2015. Was pondering going with the FS element bike but will stick to a light, stiff and simple hardtail

scott91

by scott91

Nice.

Well as I said above, Bontrager XXX might be another option? Matte carbon, and about 20g lighter than KCNC in 27.2x400

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I've used an Mcfk seatpost this season, and so far I really like it. It's light (around 110 g for 27.2 x 400 mm), and supposedly quite strong (max rider weight 100 kg), and it's more comfortable than the Save seatpost that I had on my Cannondale. Also, they do both matt and shiny versions :)

devinci

by devinci

I am probably going to stick to the KCNC. Price was not an issue because I already had a KCNC and because I could have a good price on the easton. No way im going to pay for a Mcfk :P

In any case, the bike should end up decently light

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com