I want it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vallinotti

by Vallinotti

Hi all,

What would be the resut in using a SRM in a FSI. I mean in the sense that it requires a special XX1 spider.

gfeldy

by gfeldy

the_marsbar wrote:What's up with these fork issues?! First I had the inner leg of my fork replaced, because there were scratches along it (cause the O-ring to be wet of oil). Now I think I have the common (?) problem related to the wave spring (blowing through travel, even with 100 psi in the fork). Does anyone know the origin of the problem? Bad batch of springs?

These springs need to be replaced every 50 hours of riding btw., according to Cannondale (http://media.cannondale.com/media//uplo ... 200415.pdf).

Anyone with experience in doing this replacement themselves?

I had to send mine in about a month ago. Total bummer. I hope it's just a Gen1 issue and they come up with a better fix. Hell, I put 50hrs in every 2.5 weeks.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

gfeldy

by gfeldy

Vallinotti wrote:Hi all,

What would be the resut in using a SRM in a FSI. I mean in the sense that it requires a special XX1 spider.

Well I think it can be done, but why wouldn't you look at a stages? Lighter and doesn't require any drive side alterations.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

ndbike

by ndbike

Or 4iiii's? You've already got a crank arm, why pay for another one. Send it to 4iiii's and get it back in about a week and you're all set. Run any ring(s) you want on the other side.

gfeldy wrote:
Vallinotti wrote:Hi all,

Well I think it can be done, but why wouldn't you look at a stages? Lighter and doesn't require any drive side alterations.

hjb1000

by hjb1000

The neon orange is pretty sweet

LionelB

by LionelB

Are they staying with 135 QR for 2016 ?

gfeldy

by gfeldy

LionelB wrote:Are they staying with 135 QR for 2016 ?

According to the 2016 catalog it doesn't look like a QR on the FSi
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

No changes! Standard QR. Cannondale wont change to Axle.

Watch the new models on fb: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 605&type=3

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

gfeldy, did you look in the dealer book that has been leaked a while ago? I think it looks like it's unchanged. I'm 99% sure the bike will come with the 135 mm Ai rear for 2016. Why would they make such a big deal out of it (60% stiffer, no need to go thru axle, etc.), if they change it after one year?

The dealer book (2016) also says: "up to 60% stiffer than a conventionally laced wheel, while using a standard rim and normal 135mm hub."

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

There are other reasons why they wont change.
I asked the development depart. in Freiburg last year.

rschenkels

by rschenkels

Hi,
I just bought a FSI Carbon 1 , size small, with Mavic Crossmax SL wheelset Ai.

My previous bike was a F29 Carbon 3, and here I installed an 1x11 with Garbaruk 32T oval chainring, and I was very pleased with it.

Now, I also want to change to 1x11 sram with Garbaruk 32T on my FSI Carbon 1.

Question: if I mount the Garbaruk 32T oval chainring, which cog will the chain be on if I use the xx1 10-42 cassette ? Will it be in the middle, or much closer to the smallest cog ?

I could imagine it is 5mm closer to the smallest cog, but then I am afraid you can not use all the cogs properly without really 'hurting' the chain ?

Regards,
Ron

gfeldy

by gfeldy

the_marsbar wrote:gfeldy, did you look in the dealer book that has been leaked a while ago? I think it looks like it's unchanged. I'm 99% sure the bike will come with the 135 mm Ai rear for 2016. Why would they make such a big deal out of it (60% stiffer, no need to go thru axle, etc.), if they change it after one year?

The dealer book (2016) also says: "up to 60% stiffer than a conventionally laced wheel, while using a standard rim and normal 135mm hub."

According to the photos on the 2016 dealer book you can see that the rear wheel will stay a QR. I also agree it would be a huge mistake to design the bike (rear triangle) around a dished rear wheel to only throw that away the following year.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

gfeldy

by gfeldy

rschenkels

I'm not familiar with that chainring but in order for it to work you'll either need the FSi spider or a direct mount with no offset (I have a Carbon Ti 34T if you're interested).
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com