Cannondale FSi builds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Thanks DanW! I have seen that site many times, but I never bothered to scroll sideways!

Thanks for mentioning it :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jcopland

by jcopland

It is probably worth mentioning that my Flash 29er had the original Save seatpost which had zero layback. The F-Si Save 2 seatpost has at least a 25mm layback

You could swap the Save 2 seatpost out for an line one to reduce the length of the F-Si

DanW

by DanW

A seatpost should never be selected on the basis of adjusting reach, but instead be selected to ensure correct lower limb kinematics/ position relative to the BB. That is why sizing should be on the basis of stack and reach, i.e. everything forwards of the BB.

Anyway, that is getting a little off topic.... some great looking FSi's in this thread! :thumbup:

jcopland

by jcopland

Completely agree DanW, however I am providing my comparison between my Flash 29er and F-Si so it is completely relevant to how the bikes seemed (for me).

The geometry is completely different on these bikes and the front end of the F-Si is considerably lower.

The best way would be to ride both bikes and adjust the cockpit until comfortable.

gfeldy

by gfeldy

jcopland wrote:Completely agree DanW, however I am providing my comparison between my Flash 29er and F-Si so it is completely relevant to how the bikes seemed (for me).

The geometry is completely different on these bikes and the front end of the F-Si is considerably lower.

The best way would be to ride both bikes and adjust the cockpit until comfortable.

Good call guys. A change in seatpost should never be made to change your reach. Also, jcopland your bike is awesome!!
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

gfeldy

by gfeldy

I know this isn't a photo of my FSi but I thought I'd share a little Christmas excitement. I rode this very trail two days earlier with no problems and have ridden this trail over a thousand times. Then this happened on Dec. 24th

This was my first ride with the complete race setup... now it's totaled. Note to self, you wont win a fight with barbed wire at 30mph.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Is anyone running a dropper post on an F-Si? Now that the rear brake cable isn't routed via the top tube, I suppose if will be more difficult to add a dropper post.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Nevermind, I think I answered my own question. It should be possible to route it via the seat tube and down tube.

machine4321

by machine4321

Curious if anyone has a detailed comparison of the F series to FSI. There is a few things about the F geo that im not to fond of. FSI seems to have fixed all of "my" shortcomings with the F series

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Anyone here have a SMALL F-Si?

If so, can you measure the distance from the ground to the top of the top clamp?

I'm trying to figure out how an F-Si compares to my current bike.

EFR

by EFR

I've got mine pretty well set up now. Enve cockpit and 50 wheelset. Running XTR brakes and XTR Di2 with SRAM 11 speed cassette. Works great. Handling on the FSi is a huge improvement over last years F29. It's totally different bike. I wasn't going to upgrade this year but super glad I did. It's right at 19 lbs ready to race. A bit heavier than my F29 (roughly 1/2 lb) but worth it due to the massive improvement in handling.

http://efr.smugmug.com/Other/Cycling-Eq ... s&lb=1&s=A

jcopland

by jcopland

I do agree with EFR.

The F-Si is so much more planted than the F-29 and the front end is so much more direct with immediate response.

Somehow Cannondale have made the bike seem more comfortable whilst being razor sharp.

The F-Si has been the first bike that I've not gone Enve bars and seatpost - I did this as the standard FSA bars are lighter and the SAVE seatpost offers more comfort. It's a shame that neither of these components look as bling as the Enve gear, but this is a weight weenie forum ;-)

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Are any of you running shorter stems on your F-Si? I'm thinking about trying to use a SuperMax steerer tube and a 1.5 inch stem, maybe 60 or 70 mm. It looks like there would be space enough, as long as I don't go for a +/- 20 degree stem.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Question: Is it true that the F-Si won't take a 140 mm rotor?

si1ver
Shop Owner

by si1ver

FSi will not take 140 at the rear . The standard is 160 rear/180 front ( you can switch to 160 up front after minor modification to the adaptor ) , depending on the brake that you are running . I have 160/160 set up on my FSi Carbon 2 but after I change to Formula brakes .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com