New carbon clincher rims from McFk

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Light-bicycle rims come in at 330g +/- 15g in 27.5 diameter. They are only 22mm inner width... that particular model.

I think MCFK will be priced somewhere in-between Nox Composites(which is outsourced from Chine too I think) and AX-lightness(who only sell complete wheelsets now!)

They have the right width, can be custom ordered/built according to your weight and have the quality/warranty to back it up.

Yes I do hope they'll cost as low as possible...

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

hopefully they will make a road version also... too many options (axle's and offsets) in mtb for ax-lightness to do prebuilt wheels only

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Nope, not unlimited spoke tension. Max 1200 N, recommended 1000 N. Unlimited rider weight though. It's in the data sheet: http://www.mcfk.de/assets//Mcfk_MainTem ... _felge.pdf

I have just built up a front wheel for my F-Si. A 2.1" Racing Ralph on this rim is wider than a 2.25" Rocket Ron on an ENVE 29 XC rim, and it's quite a lot lighter :) Compared to the ENVE front wheel (tubeless, but with ENVEs heavy rim tape), the Mcfk front wheel (including a 150 g inner tube) is around 60 grams lighter. Same hubs.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

i have two sets of these rims.

one in 29er built with Carbon-ti - 1313g
one in 650b built with Syntace - 1285g

Both feel great. Previously i was on the enve AM and at least for my weight, i feel no difference in terms of stiffness/ride-ability.

Tubeless setup is super simple on these rims as well.

tooFATtoRIDE

by tooFATtoRIDE

jdc5r wrote:i have two sets of these rims.

one in 29er built with Carbon-ti - 1313g
one in 650b built with Syntace - 1285g

Both feel great. Previously i was on the enve AM and at least for my weight, i feel no difference in terms of stiffness/ride-ability.

Tubeless setup is super simple on these rims as well.

Hi, would you mind providing a long term feedback on these? I am particularly interested in your opinion n the Syntace hubs. Please let us all know.
I have a friend who is a trial/enduro rider (not racer) and he is roughly 300lb. He got his set built with Kappius hubs and so far they are flawless.