What rotors for my new XTR brakes ?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

by 4536

I really like the Ashima. Unlike some other designs, they don't "pulsate" as you slow down. This is more important when used on a lighter bike with flexier stays.

AdyM

by AdyM

Have now used my KCNC razor rotors for a bit longer, including my first race with them. I was incredibly impressed. This is with deore M615 brakes (on my budget carbon 29er build) - would definitely recommend them

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trailgumby

by trailgumby

Well, that's what I ended up going with. KCNC Razors, for USD49 off eBay delivered I don't think I can go too far wrong.

50% Cheaper than Ice Techs and save about 60g to boot.

Thanks for your help, guys, much appreciated.

Dilberto88

by Dilberto88

Stick with Ice Tech rotors. The Absolute Black is way too expensive, for the same exact performance....use that savings for your wheel upgrade.

jimborello

by jimborello

+1 on icetech and you can downsize to save weight

trailgumby

by trailgumby

I've used the Razors for a few races now and with a bit more experience I'm going to moderate my earlier comments.

Certainly for initial bite they match Ice Tech rotors, but for absolute braking power they aren't close at all. For lap races I think they're great but for courses requiring repeated or extended heavy braking I'd be using my training wheelset with the Ice Tech rotors.