Help me to choose the better option

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

marcio riva

by marcio riva

Hello everyone. I need some advices about 29ers bikes. After 2 years riding my aluminum stumjumper comp I'm thinking about buy a new carbon bike/frame. I love how my actual bike performs turns, quickly and with confidence, good position, etc, but I don't like how the bottom bracket/chain stay flex under power.
I thinking in buy a Niner AIR 9 carbon, litle bit too expensive here in Brazil, and my actual fork probably don't fit (maybe without top cap), I don't know if I can use my chris king pf 30 bottom bracket and need to buy new seat post and stem.
My second option is buy a complete Rocky Mountain Vertex 950 RSL, use some XX components of my actual bike and sale my actual bike with components of the Vertex.
A third option could be buy a new stumpjumper marathon frame/fork, I realy love Specialized geo, but this option is so expensive which the money spend in this frame is enough to buy a Vertex 950.
Considering how the bikes performance comparing with my actual bike, how you reccomend to me buy? Recommend any other? I choose these models based on reviews, but I don't know the reviews is based on real performance or just for marketing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com