Looking for a New MTB

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bely

by Bely

Hi there,

I predominately ride road, but have been itching to try some MTBing...looking at a hardtail...I really have no idea what to look out for...looking for some recommendations here. If anyone can advise that would be great!

I am also looking for a bike that well to be it bluntly is still kind of cool, but is able to clamp on a child seat at the back so I can take my son on a bike ride around town...again, any advise would be great.

Thank you all
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

It sounds like you're not looking for a 'weenie-bike. Why not go to your LBS and see what they have to offer?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bely

by Bely

Hi there,

For my MTB - yes i am looking for a weenieish type bike...like the new 2015 cannondale F series bikes? how are they? I have heard good things as well as bad about the leftie forks....but like most LBSs they understandably push the brands they are carrying..so i was hoping for some insight.

For the get around city bike - i just thought something cool would be nice...a fatbike?...any ideas?

thank you all
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I see. I thought you were looking for a double duty bike.

I'd go for the F-Si. I'd like to get one myself. I haven't ridden one though. I like the current Lefty, I'm sure the new one is great too.

For a get around city bike I'd get a cross bike with disc brakes, with wide road tires.

EvoUltimate

by EvoUltimate

I'd go for the F-Si as well. I might even sell my Flash 26'' for the 2015 F-Si