chinese carbon saddles

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SportingGoods

by SportingGoods

SmudCarbon saddle is perfect to me on my road bike. The most comfortable saddle I ever had (and I get a padded Selle Italia SLR). BUT, I would never use this on a MTB with a dropper post. It would not be good to push down to drop the seatpost and the saddle would wear off quickly riding in the mud. Once you get mud on the butt it would scratch the nice finish of the saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RedCoke

by RedCoke

The problem is QC and uniform quality in my opinion.
If you are a trail biker, I never recommend carborn saddle.

Delorre

by Delorre

I've used a chinese Toupé in the past for almost 6 month's, but gave up, far and far to stiff, ended with an infection on one of my sitbones!!

bikerbooy

by bikerbooy

The worst in Smud Carbon saddles is the producer,and contact with him.

Getter

by Getter

I've been using the China Toupe (the one with some padding...if you can call it that :mrgreen: ) for a few months and so far it's been great. I was out for about three hours riding in the rocky Las Vegas dirt. No soreness on my rear. Only issue I have is that the sides of the saddle are hard and thin. When I have to get off the back of the saddle...my inner thigh will hit against the side of the saddle...and it hurts. :-?

SportingGoods

by SportingGoods

bikerbooy wrote:The worst in Smud Carbon saddles is the producer,and contact with him.

That, or the price of his products :D

Agreed that communication with Piotr is a pain. Takes weeks to reply a simple email.Takes month to get product manufactured and delivered. But again, this is the best saddle I ever had. 70g and very comfortable.

02GF74

by 02GF74

I am using a copy of specialized toupe saddle, it is 143 mm wide and flattish (a saddle with too much a curve kill my gentlemen's parts). It is not as comfortable initially as the specialized but seems to get better after half an hour or so - my theory is that it softens after being warmed up but it's probably more likely to me getting used to it.