chinese carbon saddles

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

nfecyle

by nfecyle

The smp replica is actually very nice. It is very stiff and it wont bulge when i press it with hand. I weight 180 lbs, and i will not hesitate of using it. Unfortunatelly, the seller sent me 129 mm which is more like smp evolution width. The description said it is 137mm which is smp forma, which i want. O well, thats the risk of buying from overseas. Its on craiglist now. If anybody want it pm me, i can ship it for 50 bucks conus.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RimClencher

by RimClencher

The first two images are the same saddle design with different "branding".
I've looked around a bit and found a few different and relatively cheap carbon saddle designs in addition to the two in the first post:

Chinese carbon saddle design alternative 1, 2, 3.

Personally I have bought the two designs in the first post. The back of the top one curves up and tended to push me off the front, while the second (Specialized Toupe style design) is flat and fairly wide, so an okay fit for me coming from a Fizik Arione Both have almost zero flex though.

chris47

by chris47

Okay, so i actually ended up buying the saddle shown below, in blue.
weighed in at 99 grams, and it fits my arse nicely. :D
The best part about the saddle, is that the colour matched my bike and it really does look amazing.

After having bought the saddle, i even ordered some light bicycle carbon rims in blue

kman

by kman

Anybody found some wider versions? 145mm or so? I have a speedneedle marathon which I'm pretty happy with.

All the Chinese saddles I see are really narrow, 130mm or less.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

RimClencher

by RimClencher

I bought this saddle (from that particular vendor) and it's about 140-145 mm at it's widest. 94 g.

That design seems to be the second most common one available. Search on AliExpress for "carbon saddle" and put $40 as the upper limit and you should find a few.

MTB2223

by MTB2223

Estuche wrote:
AdyM wrote:MTB2223 and news on the saddle? How are you getting on with it, I'm quite interested in getting one, they are so cheap too!

I'd like to hear about this too. Hylix seems like a legit chinese brand.

I've received the saddle and made some rides (250km) and the saddle is very good for me. Not to hard, not to soft. The top (black) is made of PVC and has some flex. It's nice to sit on.

Benno

by Benno

I was on a Token brand carbon saddle for a few months. It was pretty darn uncomfortable so I wasn't too disappointed when it finally cracked in half.

About 6 months ago I switched to the Tune Kommvor and man that is one comfy saddle. Not exactly $30 but it has changed my opinion on padless carbon seats. It is super flexy in all the right places. Have it on my mountain bike and can ride all day with no problems. For reference I like a flatter saddle with curved edges. I am miserable on an SLR.

neobox

by neobox

This is kind of old post, but as it shows the first when I google 'chinese carbon saddle', I want to warn everybody here with my case.

I bought a saddle from aliexpress with handlebar set and seatpost.
What I received was as shown below.
Its clear coats were chipped off all over the place.
The seller insisted it was damaged during the delivery, and offered only 5 usd partial refund.
Be alarmed when buying from aliexpress.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Those carbon saddles are as less comfortable as possible. For me,riding on it more than 100meters was a torture

neobox

by neobox

bikemaniack wrote:Those carbon saddles are as less comfortable as possible. For me,riding on it more than 100meters was a torture

I guess it depends on how well the shape fits your bottom.

scant

by scant

has anymore found a cheap & reliable version of the smud shape saddle please?

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

I have the saddle in the first photos on several of my road bikes. It fits well as is comfortable enough that I don't notice it.

chris47

by chris47

Well, being the creator of this thread, i guess i should chip in with my experiences.
My saddle cracked during an xc race. i rode on a hardtail and hit a rock whilst seated. I reckon a normal saddle would have held up fine, but not this one.
So out in the trash it went. Since then i have been riding around on a stripped bontrager saddle that i even drilled out, and it now weighs 130 grams.

DonW

by DonW

Any lightweight saddles out there shaped like a specialized power?
Picky, picky I know. But will probably keep the power on the bike since it's working so well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Merek NPS (Taiwan, I believe)