DT Swiss XMC vs. XRC vs. XMM

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

gnosp

by gnosp

As I am not too familiar with DT Swiss forks, I was wondering if anyone had better knowledge of the differences between the XMC, XRC, and XMM model lines. It seems that the XMC was discontinued at some point, or was it replaced by another model?

cws196

by cws196

The XMC models finished in 2012 - they had alu crowns/steerers with carbon lowers, with 32mm stanchions

XMM continue and feature alu crowns/steerers with magnesium lowers and with 32mm stanchions

XRC were alu crowns/steerers with carbon lowers OR carbon crowns/steerers with carbon lowers, all with 28.6mm stanchions.

You can now see why DT are rationalising on the numbers of forks they produce!

I do have a set of 2012 XMC 120mm 26" forks (6months use) I'll be selling very soon - message me if you're interested!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gnosp

by gnosp

cws196 wrote:The XMC models finished in 2012 - they had alu crowns/steerers with carbon lowers, with 32mm stanchions

XMM continue and feature alu crowns/steerers with magnesium lowers and with 32mm stanchions

XRC were alu crowns/steerers with carbon lowers OR carbon crowns/steerers with carbon lowers, all with 28.6mm stanchions.

You can now see why DT are rationalising on the numbers of forks they produce!

I do have a set of 2012 XMC 120mm 26" forks (6months use) I'll be selling very soon - message me if you're interested!

Thanks very much for the information, definitely clears things up. Interestingly enough my question was prompted by my sale of a DT Swiss XMC 100mm fork (26") currently listed on ebay.