MTB Quarq Issues

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

AlexJ

by AlexJ

I had it year with only a few issues.

first few rides it went crazy with numbers, and the offset values were way off, but the unit go replaced.
But now Its being a total nightmare, at first I thought it needed a battery change.

But it is very random when it actually works, it will work for a ride sometimes then not work for 12 hours or so, and after it works , I'll come back to it and it won't pair to the Garmin. Offset values are fine.

Any Suggestions ? or will I have to send it back?

Do they still repair/fix them as they stopped making them ages ago?

Alex
MTB Rider.

TORQ Performance.
#Science

mentok

by mentok

i would contact quarq directly. the s2275 was (and still is) problematic and was discontinued accordingly. they may still support it, but i wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AlexJ

by AlexJ

That/s my worry, as it would just be a very expensive paper weight..... If they wouldn't do anything about, have had very good service from them before.
MTB Rider.

TORQ Performance.
#Science

Its Lucky Phill

by Its Lucky Phill

My first quarq was replaced after 3/4 months as the offset numbers and general power output numbers where all over the place, the second unit (12 months) the spider cracked which i didnt notice until i washed my bike and the next time i went to use it would find my garmin.
The first time i sent it back to the shop and they handled everything, the second time i contacted quarq directly and they where really helpful, i ended up getting it replaced (free of charge) with a compact riken unit as i now run xx1 and just put the spider onto xx1 cranks