difference between sram XO1 and XO crank arms

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

supposed I want to convert my current shimano XTR setup to a 1x10 and using a sram crank with a direct mount NW chainring from wolftooth, would I be able to do so with a regular GXP XO crankset, or do I need either the XO1 or XX1 crankset? Are there any differences between both model in the crank arms and spider interface? Any weight difference too?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kastrup

by Kastrup

I thought you kept your old Sram crankset as it had the SRM unit installed? Doesn't changing to 1*10 with a direct mount chainring force you to remove the SRM unit?

Unfortunately for you i believe the Sram SRM units are 120 bcd. This means you will have to run a 36 tooth minimum.
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

devinci

by devinci

I want to keep the SRM for training but race with a 1x10, hence getting another sram crankset.

If getting another crankset, I am concerned with the difference between the XO1 (or XX1) and regular XO. Im not sure what price they are though but could easily get a relatively cheap XX1 through my sponsor.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

XX1 is similar to X0 as far as I can see. You can mount an XX1-spider on an X0 crankset, and they will look the same, except for the graphics.

I thought X01 was made of aluminium. But maybe there are two versions of the crankset.

DanW

by DanW

XO, XO1 and XX1 are all the same cranks at the same weight with different logos. The XX1 with the stock spider will be 10g lighter due to a slighter more refined spider. BB30 appears to be 10g lighter than GXP. There's also an OEM that's identical to all of these. Something like SS2200 IIRC. They seem to all be the same price so take your pick really :D

I thought X01 was made of aluminium. But maybe there are two versions of the crankset.

I think you are thin king of the new "budget" SRAM group, X1

Getter

by Getter

You can go even cheaper and go X9. It has the same removable spider.

jooo

by jooo

Why get new cranks at all though? You could get a narrow wide ring to fit your SRM. There are a number of 36 tooth, 120mm BCD rings around and a few companies also make 80mm BCD rings if you're after smaller tooth counts.

For example - Blackspire do 26 to 32 tooth rings for 80mm BCD.

ophiravina

by ophiravina

s2200, xo1, xo,xx1 all have the same crank arms with different graphics and different spider.
I think you have good idea about using 1x10 for racing XCO and SRM + 2x10 for traning (and XCM?), I not sure I would want to switch crankset and to remove front der and shifter before every race, but If you are fine with it, you will have a killer setup :twisted:
maybe you should use your crabon crank arms with direct mount NW chainring for racing and to buy the aluminum x9 crank arms to use with your existing srm for training.
I dont think you should invest too much money on this idea, becouse eventually you will be tired of converting your bike all the time from 2x10 to 1x10 And vice versa....

johnnyboydotca

by johnnyboydotca

X01 OEM spec is alloy. After sales model is carbon.

leugene

by leugene

Getter wrote:It has the same removable spider.

Nope! Not the same, moreover there are different versions of X0 spiders. GXP and BB30

Getter

by Getter

Same spider with in the GXP and BB30...is that better?

DanW

by DanW

X01 OEM spec is alloy. After sales model is carbon.

The alloy ones may have been called XO1 for a very short time but they are now know as "X1" to avoid confusion. As I said above, part of the new "budget" SRAM 1x11 group... All XO1 cranks from now on should be carbon and identical to XX1

eclou

by eclou

Just received a set of arms X01 Carbon 24mm spindle, 175mm arms, Q168. 470g just the arms no spider. Spider with 32t X1 ring was 127g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com